Contributor

Posts 940
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 17/2/13 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
OT : Used Gumtree For First Time To Sell Kitchen

We're having a new kitchen in the 1st week of March, so SWMBO has agreed I can advertise the old one (it's 5 yrs old and in good condition)

I didn't want to pay the eBay fees so I thought I'd give Gumtree a crack for the first time.

I advertised the white goods at 19:00 hrs, and at 19:20 hrs there was a bloke standing on my door step with money in his hands biting my arm off for the freezer.
Then, at 19:45 there's another person on the end of the phone wanting to buy the kitchen units, cooker, dish washer etc.

Can't believe it - very impressed.com. I though Gumtree was a load of Sh1te !

Although I have no loyalties to this woman as she hasn't put money in my hand yet - it's still available is any Locosters want it *laugh*

Oh, and this is also an attempt for me to try and sell the kitchen in a different place.

Kitchen Linky

Dishwasher Linky

Table Linky

4 Chairs Linky

4 More Chairs Linky

Double Oven Linky

morcus

posted on 17/2/13 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
I've used it myself, though mostly from the other side. Much less mucking around than Ebay and much better than using the paper. I often work at funny times so I love how easy it is to email people through it too.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

ReMan

posted on 17/2/13 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Same here for the sale of my Saab that was not wanted here
Price i wnated and off my drive within 2 hours of the ad going live last weekend FREE

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

flibble

posted on 17/2/13 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Good to know, had always assumed it was purely a scammers paradise but will revisit now and hopefully save on those damn ebay fees!
morcus

posted on 17/2/13 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
You get alot of weird emails on car adds on there. When I put my Panda on there I got loads of stupid offers from people who'd never seen the car, offering a few grand under trade price, from a buyers point of view you find alot of people who fill the adds out wrong aswell with cars but you get that everywhere else.

From what I've seen online, mainly on here, I'd say ebay is probably worse for scams as gumtree is straight up classifieds, no money transfering happens through it.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

bowood14

posted on 18/2/13 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
There are advantages to using eBay if you can put up with being messed about on the odd occasion and the fees, you can end up getting a lot more than expected I put something on there expecting £20 and got £77. On gum tree you put the price you think it's worth and that may be too cheap, hence someone turned up so quickly and it probably is for sale on eBay now!!
Just to add Nice coloured car

[Edited on 18/2/13 by bowood14]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.