Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone know the sizes for Saab Concentric slave
Findlay234

posted on 26/2/13 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone know the sizes for Saab Concentric slave

Hi All,

Its been a while since I last post on here... life has certainly got in the way, a tour of Afghanistan and a new job in london while living in a flat that doesnt have anywhere to keep kitty (thats what the girlfriend has jealously named the car).

Anyway... to the point. She is currently sat engine out after trying to work a seized clutch slave cylinder, the one i built her with was an old second hand Saab 900 (circa 1990) concentric slave cylinder that I bought due to budget... I'm now replacing it with a shiny new one and want to know what size master cylinder I should mate to it. The reason for the new master cylinder is that it looks like mine has sprung a leak, it was the original one I took from the Mk1 MR2 I sourced the engine from (by the way that is a sweet sounding engine at full chat).

Ive looked on CBS and seen three sizes, which I assume are the brake master cylinders. I also assume that they are similar in size to the clutch master and that I may be looking at the 0.625" master to mate to my slave...

Would I be right in this thinking or way off the mark?

Apologies if this has already been covered. If so FOB me off and tell me to look harder...

Cheers all
Fin

Findlay234

posted on 4/3/13 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
Managed to find it, for anyone else that may need the info in the future:

It seems that there is a consensus on 0.75" for the master cylinder.
Part numbers for the clutch and release are;
Concentric slave:4776308
Release bearing:8721995

Cheers

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.