Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TVR Chimaera for sale :(
tegwin

posted on 11/8/13 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
TVR Chimaera for sale :(

So I have not owned her for long and have fallen in love with her which makes this pretty hard but I don't really want the car sat on the drive over the winter, a change of plans means I can't get it in the garage. Would like to see this go to a really good home where the car will be cared for and loved.

• 1994 TVR Chimaera 4.0L V8.
• Torqueflow upgrade (Inlet plenum, MAF and ECU tweak)
• Performance contactless ignition system
• Upgraded alloy radiator with twin fans
• Black silicone hoses
• Borg Warner T5 gearbox
• Limited slip differential
• Drilled and grooved disks
• Team dynamics rally spec wheels with nearly new Toyo Proxies
• Recently fitted new roof with removable carbon fibre centre section (fits in the boot with plenty of room for bags)
• Lupo headlight upgrade (you can see where you are going at speed in the dark!)
• CD player with Aux connector for ipod.
• Electric windows.
• Recent oil/filter change.
• Origional TVR handbook with service records.
• TVR space saver alloy spare wheel

Condition:
For a 20 year old car this Chim is in an amazing condition but it is still 20 years old! It starts, drives and stops better than some modern cars I have owned. I have used it almost every day for the last 2 months and never had any issues. The bodywork is in fantastic condition. There are a few stone chips on the front of the car as you would expect but the body shines in the sun and looks fantastic. The car is really practical; I can even get my mountain bike in the boot! The parcel shelf is big enough for a couple of holdalls too! Even with the roof off and placed in the boot you can still get a couple of large rucksacks inside.

I had intended to use the car this summer and then “fiddle” with it over the winter but I have decided it would be too much of a distraction to other things in my life….There are a few things that could be improved. Things like some new wing mirrors, cleaning the engine bay (polishing the alloy etc) and just general cleaning and maintenance. The chassis outriggers which are prone to rust through appear to be sound.

This is not a garage queen, everything works properly so you can (and should) drive this car! Even in the rain it’s good fun and the roof keeps you dry!

I will personally drive this car anywhere in Europe to deliver it for the cost of the fuel and a return train ride home!

£6600 o.n.o

[Edited on 12/8/13 by tegwin]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

tegwin

posted on 15/8/13 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
Bumpety bump. Some cool soul must be in need of some v8 fun!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

twybrow

posted on 15/8/13 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
If my kit was in a state where it was sellable, then I would be biting your arm off... I have had a real hankering to buy one of these recently, and yours looks like an honest example!
Lightning

posted on 15/8/13 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
BARGAIN !

Steve

tegwin

posted on 18/8/13 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Before I put this out to the hounds on ebay... anybody want to make a (sensible) offer?

tegwin

posted on 15/9/13 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Still available if anyone wants to put a smile on their face Make me an offer, you never know :p

fezerati

posted on 15/9/13 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Looks really nice! I think I have seen you around a few times... it should sell easily I'd of thought!

[Edited on 15/9/13 by fezerati]

Tiger Avon

TPG

posted on 18/9/13 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
All I can add is good luck with the sale. That is a desirable car. If my numbers come up I'll be beating down your door.

Just edited to ask if you want a scrappy WRX and a cat C registered 2006 Jeep Cherokee CRD (The £470 per year road tax one) as a straight swop....Nah? Thought not.

[Edited on 18/9/13 by TPG]

..Which was nice..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.