Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Projects for sale
Ernesto Freitas

posted on 21/1/14 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Projects for sale

Hello all .

Although with sad news, at least for me, I decided to embark on a new path with respect to LusoMotors. We no longer will build Kit Cars, and will dedicate our full time into the design, engineering and prototyping process only.
Portugal is going through bad times, and after much effort, I note with some sadness that we can not continue along the same lines we followed until now.

So I'm "cleaning" the house, and decided to come here and present you some projects and components that I intend to sell. Hope for your best interest on them.
We are currently investing heavily in our sequential command systems, as well as other components and systems that will be presented in the near future.

I make here a brief description of what I want to sell. Please email me or PM to discuss pricing or specific details, if you don’t mind.

LM23
The prototype was built and presented at the NEC - Autosport International a few years ago. The car had a fantastic look and design. A great effort was put into it, be it in terms of parts or labour. Quality was always our main goal.

At the moment, I have the project for sale.
- I have the full scale master,
- The moulds for the bodywork,
- One, a bit rusted chassis (the chassis burned in an incident in a race track)
- Many susp. and transmission parts ( as you can see in the pics ) These are 7075 T6 alloy uprights, SKF bearing/hub units, custom transmissions, chain driven diff, arms, wilwood rotors, bells, etc...
- CAD data for the chassis / susp.
- CAD data for the bodywork;
- All the rights for the use of this project.

The molds are incomplete and a bit damaged, but it is very easy to make them to work properly.
For that, the full scale master is available, and although a bit damaged when moulds were taken of, it is ok for that.

Everything is stored for too long now and need to vacate the space urgently.

I'm open to sell in packs...

LM Rock Crawler.
This project was built and developed in order to produce a couple prototypes for use in competition here in Portugal.
In the first and second year of participation, the cars won most of the races and become an undisputed champions in two consecutive years.
The main goal of this project was to lower the fabrication costs, in a lowcost way.
Usually these kind of cars, coming from the USA, costs 60.000,00 USD or more, easily.
This project was designed to use lowcost donor parts, such as axles, engine and transmissions, etc.
The prototypes were built around donor parts from a Toyota Land Cruiser and other with Nissan Patrol GR parts, both with diesel engines!
These cars won races in front of chevy V8 powered cars!!!

The project is for sale.
Includes the following:
- CAD data for the chassis and parts.
- GRP front nose to make mould.
- Tubes for two chassis (only the curved units)
- The basic assembling JIG

LM EXOCAR
This project is at the design and initial development stage.
There’s already a built prototype chassis including brackets for suspension.
It is an exocar project, with a unique and interesting design. Ideal for a starting business.
Help can be provided to further develop this project.

The project is for sale and includes the following:
- A tubular chassis partially welded.
- CAD data for the chassis and design,
- Design already made.

This will be a reluctant sale, but a new phase of LusoMotors' life will be needed.

Huge amounts of time and money were spent on these. I’m opening my mind to accept offers, since I would be very happy to see these projects following their way, even if in other hands.

Please feel free to contact me for any details or doubts you may have.

Thank you very much.

Regards from Portugal,
Ernesto Freitas
ernestofreitas@gmail.com

[Edited on 21/1/14 by Ernesto Freitas]

[Edited on 21/1/14 by Ernesto Freitas]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Krismc

posted on 21/1/14 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Deep regret that you are selling your toys, some nice projects there. If only I had the space or the money id be interested.

Kris

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Ernesto Freitas

posted on 21/1/14 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
Deep regret that you are selling your toys, some nice projects there. If only I had the space or the money id be interested.

Kris

You would be very surprised with their prices...

Regards,
ernestofreitas@gmail.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TheGiantTribble

posted on 21/1/14 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
I rather like the LM23, but then it could be because it reminds me of a Lotus 23.
Ernesto Freitas

posted on 21/1/14 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheGiantTribble
I rather like the LM23, but then it could be because it reminds me of a Lotus 23.

Yes, It was designed to look a modern day Lotus 23 in some ways...

The result was very interesting.

Regards,

nick205

posted on 21/1/14 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
There looks to be a major amount of time and effort spent on developing the cars you have shown. I hope you find the right buyer for them and someone who can see them through to production.

Ernesto Freitas

posted on 22/1/14 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
There looks to be a major amount of time and effort spent on developing the cars you have shown. I hope you find the right buyer for them and someone who can see them through to production.

Yes, that would be very good.

Regards,

Ernesto Freitas

posted on 12/3/14 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Hi all.

Just to make an update, I'm very happy to say, that both LM23 and EXO car projects were sold. And this forum was the lever that led to this point. I am delighted that these projects move forward and possibly may soon be on the street or on a track near you.

Still there are a couple things that were not sold: The Rock Crawler project, and the fantastic suspension and drive parts of the LM23 prototype.

Regarding the LM Rock Crawler project, it is for sale for 800 GBP. All CAD data and design/production/selling rights for it.
3D CAD files available.

Regarding the LM23 parts:
Ideal to start your own chassis design, starting with the best parts already designed and made.

If anyone is interested in any of these, please let me know. It will be a good investment for you.
Just to let you know, the following parts had a cost in excess of 4000 GBP...
I'm willing to let them go for a fraction of that value.

Please, refer to the first photo, to understand the following parts list/legend:

A- Chain driven diff aluminium side supports;

B- VW Based CV joint (diff side);

C- Rubber boot;

D- Wilwood 11” vented brake disk;

E- Alloy disk bell;

F- SKF hub/wheel bearing unit (Opel/Vauxhall 4x100 PCD)

G- Upper Rear suspension arms;

H- Inboard suspension connecting rod (rear suspension);

I- Inboard suspension connecting rod (front suspension);

J- Front axle blocking bearing washers;

K- Splited sproket

L- Chain driven diff (alloy casing, with excentric adjusting system, standard VW diff inside. It is possible to use a LSD);

M- Custom made transmissions;

N- Rear upright arms;

O- Rear 7075 T6 alloy uprights (designed to use SKF unit and wildwood callipers)

P- bottom ball joint support (bolted to upright);

Q- Bottom rear suspension arms

R- Suspension bell cranks;

S- Front upper suspension arms;

T- Front bottom suspension arms;

U- Front 7075 T6 alloy uprights (designed to use SKF unit and wildwood callipers);

V- Front upright steering arms;

Will provide all info needed and will help setting up the design you need. 3D CAD data available for all parts listed.

Will arrange shipping to anywhere in Europe.

Regards from Portugal,
Ernesto Freitas

scootz

posted on 12/3/14 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Glad you got the projects sold. The LM23 is a stunning bit of work!

PS - someone is going to get a bargain with those suspension parts!

It's Evolution Baby!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.