Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: TOP GEAR
Andy S

posted on 3/2/14 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ianm67
If it's so bad, why do you all bother watching it? It's not meant to be taken seriously, it's a light entertainment programme that just happens to include cars........ It makes me laugh more than most of the so called 'comedy' on the box at the moment. People should learn to lighten up a bit, life is too short for all of this moaning.......

^+1

I thoroughly enjoyed it - Three old petrol heads having a laugh with cars.

iank

posted on 3/2/14 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ianm67
If it's so bad, why do you all bother watching it? It's not meant to be taken seriously, it's a light entertainment programme that just happens to include cars........ It makes me laugh more than most of the so called 'comedy' on the box at the moment. People should learn to lighten up a bit, life is too short for all of this moaning.......

How do you know it's bad until you watch it?

Actually seems to be fans of the show who were disappointed with this episode (worrying in that you'd expect them to start the series with a strong show) or people who gave it another chance saying it's even worse than they remember. I suspect the former will become the latter if the series doesn't improve.

Humor is a funny thing, I enjoyed TG for years after they broke free of the original dated format but for a few series now it's about as funny as the Chuckle Brothers.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Benzine

posted on 3/2/14 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Regular viewer and defender of top gear here. That episode was total pish.

They have a massive budget that could have made something amazing about hot hatches and could have been funny too. That was neither.

edit: needed more Charade GTti

[Edited on 3-2-2014 by Benzine]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Surrey Dave

posted on 3/2/14 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
Tricky!

I was eagerly waiting for the new series, and did watch it and will watch the rest, BUT the format is getting a bit tired, with the producers this and the producers that!

They did pick some shite hot hatches and appeared to prove that they were not as good as most basic small cars these days!!

With the old brakes and 80 -100 bhp on tap , you would probably find a Lupo diesel or Citroen C3 diesel would have give them a run for the money.

And who is interested in covering cars with fablon or fabric?

Wait a minute I suppose I could knit a nose cone cover for my Locost!!

Phil.J

posted on 3/2/14 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting quote in the Telegraph from the producer of TG saying it is made for people with a mental age of 9 years.
If you like it it must be appealing to your inner child!

Surrey Dave

posted on 3/2/14 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Shut Up!!

My Dad's bigger than yours!!!
sdh2903

posted on 3/2/14 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
There's a 9 year old in all of us or we wouldn't build silly toy cars which are totally impractical to cruise round in or blat round a track. Lighten up, don't like it? Don't watch.

They were a bit middle class with the silver trays under the rear wheels though, we used to used macdonalds trays, didn't last very long tho

wombat

posted on 3/2/14 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Just watched some of it during my lunch break, laughed out loud a couple of times, made me smile for various reasons.
Job done.
Better than watching a lot of stuff thats on Sunday night.................
#justsayin

Irony

posted on 3/2/14 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I just think they are simply out of ideas. They need more creative input from external sources. TG was far fetched before but I could sort of believe they were racing across countries etc. But now they don't even try and convince the viewer they are actually doing what they say. The Chuckle Brothers wouldn't even try and convince the viewer that they drove around a abandoned base for 14 hours.
MikeRJ

posted on 5/2/14 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
Personally I just think they are simply out of ideas. They need more creative input from external sources. TG was far fetched before but I could sort of believe they were racing across countries etc. But now they don't even try and convince the viewer they are actually doing what they say. The Chuckle Brothers wouldn't even try and convince the viewer that they drove around a abandoned base for 14 hours.

I think you have a good point. There has always been a level of silliness, but in earlier series it was quite funny and added to the appeal. Now it seems that arsing around is the main feature, with the actual challenges being no more than a distraction.

Benzine

posted on 9/2/14 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Bump for new episode in 25 mins
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 9/2/14 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
I will still watch it even after last weeks.
JoelP

posted on 9/2/14 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
I've set it to record so I can skip any bullshit!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Mr C

posted on 9/2/14 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Watching it in the hope its better than last week's always been a fan but the gutter humour "staged comedy" and schoolboy retorts wear thin after a while.

Got 4 tickets to see it being filmed for the second time (next wednessday) but not rushing to the studios, I'll probably relinquish the tickets to some genuine fans at the local nursery school

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

matt5964

posted on 9/2/14 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
A proper episode this week
keith777

posted on 9/2/14 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
After last weeks crap this one was far better

cheers Keith

James

posted on 10/2/14 at 01:39 AM Reply With Quote
Finally reviewed the P1!

Fair to say I think they rather liked it!

Will have to get one myself!

James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Duncan36

posted on 10/2/14 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
Loved this episode, much much better

Mr C if you don't want them...... I've been on the list for years and applied for every show again this year, but still no luck

www.acorn-printing.co.uk
www.tshirtuk.com

coozer

posted on 10/2/14 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, decent offering this week, nice Alfa and an awesome review of the P1.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.