Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: mk SR20DET build
austin man

posted on 3/12/14 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
While your at this stage of the rebuild you might want to consider raising the height of the top chasis rails to keep the lump beneath the bonnet line DRCIndy has this lump in his Indy and it fits snug under the Bonnet.

I believe your chasis is slightly narrower and possibly a little lower as the first MK chasis was designed around the Ron Champion book

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

mk85

posted on 16/12/14 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
I thought about raising the hole body. But am going to look at making a bonnet. As I want to sit low in the car and don'twant to raise the front nose and the dash as then it will end up to high for what I want in the end.
mk85

posted on 16/12/14 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
I thought about raising the hole body. But am going to look at making a bonnet. As I want to sit low in the car and don'twant to raise the front nose and the dash as then it will end up to high for what I want in the end.
daveb666

posted on 23/12/14 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Good progress mate, new cooler is a big improvement.

2007bc Photography - Commercial and Wedding Photographer based in West Yorkshire

http://www.2007bc.co.uk / http://www.huddersfieldcommercialphotographer.co.uk

FlansS14

posted on 29/12/14 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
Nice project you have going on here. I have the same lump in my Luego. All fits under the "locost" GRP but the sump is VVV Low and ive already gone through 1 sump

Good tip about the apexi AVCR and the speedo... ive been using a bike speedo up till now. Might have to upgrade!!

Re your Intercooler. I went down the Chargecooler route with a rad in the back (Above the fuel tank) works really well. I used to have the chargecooler rad at the front but the engine kept overheating.

Good luck with the rest of the build, if you need any info just shout

Flan

Why didn't i just make it simple!

mk85

posted on 3/1/15 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Had loads of little bits turn up over Xmas. All the niggly bit's that i need for the turbo feeds and gaskets. Spent the day sorting out the loom and routing it through the car. Hopefully going to do one big order from car builders solutions for the likes of all the p clips and grubbins
mk85

posted on 3/1/15 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
he engine and starter loom striped down to the basics and emobliser remover
mk85

posted on 3/1/15 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote

mk85

posted on 8/1/15 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote

mk85

mk85

mk85

posted on 8/1/15 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote

mk85

posted on 8/1/15 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Well the past two weeks I've been picking little bits up I needed of eBay and Amazon.

I send my ecu and loom away to have the immobiliser removed and a few repairs done to the engine loom. I also had some relays missing and the ignition amplifier that where supplied and fitted.

Just now am going to concentrate on getting the motor to turn over and fire up. And to me that's a big milestone in the build.

But as the car sits everything needs finishing or starting all together. But once I have it fire up I can then work from the engine outwards.

But wiring is something I just can't get my head around. So I've invested in a few books and keep having a read up on the net and hopefully I can do it myself.

[Edited on 8/1/15 by mk85]

mk85

posted on 12/1/15 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Popped to my local motor factors over the weekend and picked up my battery. Am using a type 054 normal found on the likes of a Nissan micra. It's a common swap on the Nissan s14 and ive used it previously. Only for the guy on the desk to bring me out something that you would use to start a diesel locomotive train.

Well after a little research on the starter wiring I had a little play round but am waiting on my battery terminals to turn up. I managed to give the starter a little crank over and ooooo it felt good.

mk85

posted on 12/1/15 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote

mk85

posted on 12/1/15 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
The battery works out at £54 with the vat. It's pretty slim to helping save some wight
mk85

posted on 13/1/15 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Spent some time sorting all the little out that have been turning up the past week.
As am running a mx5 handbrake leaver and seirra calipers I had to mix up a few bits.

mk85

posted on 13/1/15 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote

mk85

posted on 13/1/15 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote

mk85

posted on 13/1/15 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote

mk85

posted on 15/1/15 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
Had a really good few days on the car now.I've managed to get the starter turning the engine over I was made up hearing it turn over its some of a big mile stone of the build to me. But still more to do before I will be happy to fire it up.

The intercooler will be ready this week after having some ally welding done for the mounting brackets.

I still have loads of bits on order am using a mix of eBay and Amazon and using the free postage and going as far as China for simple plugs and relays sure they take two week's but in the end an making good savings.

daveb666

posted on 16/1/15 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Good progress mate. Its an awesome feeling when it fires up for the first time. (Or not as it was in my case lol)

2007bc Photography - Commercial and Wedding Photographer based in West Yorkshire

http://www.2007bc.co.uk / http://www.huddersfieldcommercialphotographer.co.uk

mk85

posted on 19/1/15 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Well as our house has gone up for sale the miss's created a nice list of jobs to do. And I realised my younger brother was out of work so I've got him round to get those done while I do bits on the car. So I made some good progress today.

As I mentioned uryler on in the tread i purchased an APEXI AVCR. And I hadn't even checked if it worked after getting it for a bargain price. So here it is

As you can see i can have speed revs and the boost prssure

mk85

posted on 19/1/15 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Master cylinder turned up so they where bolted into place to stop them getting damaged or lost

mk85

posted on 19/1/15 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
And then i put some panels on just to get a feel of it and an wheeled it out into the sun for a bit

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.