Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Support Caterham F1
James

posted on 7/11/14 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Support Caterham F1

So, if you fancy seeing a Caterham F1 car with your name on it...

you can help the team out with their funding here:

http://www.crowdcube.com/caterham/

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

sdh2903

posted on 7/11/14 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
I find this ridiculous and quite frankly embarrassing for the whole of f1. A multi billion pound industry that makes huge profits is allowing one of its race teams go cap in hand to basically beg for money to allow them to do one more race. Surely even the other teams could have chipped in to get marrusia and caterham to the end of the season.
James

posted on 7/11/14 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
I find this ridiculous and quite frankly embarrassing for the whole of f1. A multi billion pound industry that makes huge profits is allowing one of its race teams go cap in hand to basically beg for money to allow them to do one more race. Surely even the other teams could have chipped in to get marrusia and caterham to the end of the season.

They've only got $1,800m in revenue... how could they possibly be expected to find $5m to keep a couple of teams racing!!!

If you're at all interested in seeing how the finances is divided up then Joe Saward has done this fantastic diagram...

Joe Saward

Let's face it, the financial model of F1 is flawed, there are only 5(?) financially stable teams the rest are in big trouble.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

SCAR

posted on 7/11/14 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
I think there might be a few organisations more deserving of my charitable donation than anyone involved with F1. Didn't Bernie just spend £40 million on making a massive tax evasion fraud case go away even though he says he wasn't guilty?
I love F1 but think there might just be enough money involved not to be desperate for a further few quid from me.

ali f27

posted on 7/11/14 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
The organisers have just about ruined WRC i expect the same will happen to f1
steve m

posted on 7/11/14 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
isn't it two teams now, that have disappeared ?

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 7/11/14 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
F1 is a sport that requires massive financial investment. Crying that you can't afford it is like a Danny Devito complaining that he can't play in the NBA.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
sdh2903

posted on 7/11/14 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors
F1 is a sport that requires massive financial investment. Crying that you can't afford it is like a Danny Devito complaining that he can't play in the NBA.

I don't think anyone is debating the level of investment required however what is galling Is the downright bias towards the big teams with the amount of money they get handed. Ferrari for instance this year are a mid field team at best yet they are given the most cash. It's a joke. The fat cats get fatter the rest go hungry.

The way things are going there will only be 4 teams in the sport running 3 or 4 cars each. There should be an equal split of the pot and a cap on spending. That way talent and engineering skill win the day, not how fat your wallet is.

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 7/11/14 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors

I don't think anyone is debating the level of investment required however what is galling Is the downright bias towards the big teams with the amount of money they get handed. Ferrari for instance this year are a mid field team at best yet they are given the most cash. It's a joke. The fat cats get fatter the rest go hungry.

The way things are going there will only be 4 teams in the sport running 3 or 4 cars each. There should be an equal split of the pot and a cap on spending. That way talent and engineering skill win the day, not how fat your wallet is.

You can't cap spending, it's impossible. If people want to win they will find ways to spend the money... Red Bull have showed that over the last 10 years.

An equal revenue split is also a stupid idea, let's say for instance at the end of the year every teams get £100m, you'de get every dodgy business man and chancer setting up a team with poo cars and pay drivers running the season at a bare minimum just to get that check at the end. Why bother trying to win when you get the same return from coming last? Engineering talent and skill have always won the day, its just that the best engineers go where the pay is best. Merc spend the most money to get the best people. It's the same old neo-comunism bullshit spouted over and over again, F1 will survive it always has done.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
RK

posted on 8/11/14 at 12:59 AM Reply With Quote
I don't see what could be wrong with an even split to the teams, a percentage to CVC that is in line with other marketing agencies, and bonuses for finishes. Then you wouldn't need teams to go begging for sponsors all the time. Caterham's situation is pathetic. The rich people will stay rich, and the dummies who give them money will be poorer. Usually, that is us, the consumers.
phelpsa

posted on 8/11/14 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
None of the teams are making profit that they can just hand over to subsidise smaller teams. Do Red Bull want to spend 2 million supported a C grade car floating around the back of the field or do they want to spend it on employing 10 top engineers for a couple of years to make their car go faster, improving their chances of getting a better return on their investment....? It's nice that F1 has tried to support low budget teams over the years, but it's not their primary concern as a business.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jeffw

posted on 8/11/14 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Unless and until you allow teams to run someone elses chassis you will not get large grids. Say I could setup a customer team with a old 2014 Merc Chassis & engine for next year. You would be able to do it for decent money and run towards the middle of the pack. This is what happens with MotoGP and other motorsport. If they continue to insist that the chassis is your IP & manufacture then the barrier to entry is too high for most teams.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.