Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Ferrari & Vettel
sandwich

posted on 29/3/15 at 11:27 AM
Ferrari & Vettel

Good to see the red cars back at the front giving the Mercs a run for their money. Lets hope they can keep it up.

Also great to see Vettel back on the top step, proves it was a good choice to swap from RB.

[Edited on 29/3/15 by sandwich]

theduck

posted on 29/3/15 at 11:43 AM
Managed to avoid spoilers all day and then your thread title gives it away!! Could you no have posted in the thread on this subject already?
joneh

posted on 29/3/15 at 11:46 AM
Rookie mistake!
sandwich

posted on 29/3/15 at 12:05 PM
Yep it's a bit of a rookie mistake looking at a car forum if you don't want to know anything about a car race that happened several hours ago. I bet you haven't looked at twitter, facebook, sky sports or the BBC website? So why look here?

I didn't see another thread as I would have posted on that.....

Andy W

posted on 29/3/15 at 12:17 PM
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=197193
doesn't bother me this week, as I watched the race live
but quite often tape to watch later
I avoid posts about F1, but if the result in the title you don't have any choice
probably spoiled for a few people

clairetoo

posted on 29/3/15 at 12:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by sandwich
Yep it's a bit of a rookie mistake looking at a car forum if you don't want to know anything about a car race that happened several hours ago. I bet you haven't looked at twitter, facebook, sky sports or the BBC website? So why look here?

The rookie mistake is in putting the full subject in the title.......which in my opinion makes you a thoughtless git .
Not everyone gets up at 7AM to watch the F1 - you have just ruined a lot of peoples day .

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

loggyboy

posted on 29/3/15 at 12:21 PM
[comment deleted]
Thanks for ruining my afternoon.

[Edited on 3/4/2015 by ChrisW]

Mistral Motorsport

SPYDER

posted on 29/3/15 at 12:24 PM
I've reported to mods to have the thread deleted if possible.
sandwich

posted on 29/3/15 at 12:31 PM
I didn't get up at 7am to watch it either, I recorded it and watched it an hour or so later. Before that I avoided any place that may reveal the result to me. I guessed places like this and twitter, ,facebook, other car forums would have details on so I avoided them, if you look on a car forum then its fairly frickin obvious they will be discussing car races. doh!

The only moron is you loggyboy, why go onto a car forum that is likely to contain the results? Jeez grow up.

Why report it for deletion? Is there a rule that says do not post about race results ever? Or is there an acceptable time after to post? what about those that might not watch it till next week? should it not be posted at all? I haven't broken any of the forum rules that I'm aware of.

Andy W

posted on 29/3/15 at 12:39 PM
No rules, just common sense
In over 10 years on here, I've seen lots of threads on F1 on race day
which i don't read if I haven't watched the race
but I don't think I have ever seen the result posted in the title
looks like I'm going to have to avoid this site, if I've taped the race in future

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2750
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 29/3/15 at 12:49 PM
Some of the language is pretty inconsiderate too
plentywahalla

posted on 29/3/15 at 12:56 PM
quote:
I didn't get up at 7am to watch it either, I recorded it and watched it an hour or so later. Before that I avoided any place that may reveal the result to me. I guessed places like this and twitter, ,facebook, other car forums would have details on so I avoided them, if you look on a car forum then its fairly frickin obvious they will be discussing car races. doh!

The only moron is you loggyboy, why go onto a car forum that is likely to contain the results? Jeez grow up.

Why report it for deletion? Is there a rule that says do not post about race results ever? Or is there an acceptable time after to post? what about those that might not watch it till next week? should it not be posted at all? I haven't broken any of the forum rules that I'm aware of.

So you are saying that YOU recorded it and then avoided looking at any sites that might be discussing the race. Then once you had viewed YOUR recording went public with the result in your title to spoil it for everyone else! You must have known that the majority of people who like you didn't get up at 6 am (GMT) would be watching the repeat this afternoon!

Why not just apologise for a naive mistake instead of calling others morons.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men ... and the obedience of fools. (anon)

rusty nuts

posted on 29/3/15 at 12:59 PM
I think he's one sandwich short of a picnic
spiderman

posted on 29/3/15 at 01:11 PM
quote:

didn't look too hard then?

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/

"F1 with spoilers"

Why not man up if it was a mistake and apologise for ruining a lot of peoples day, you could have removed the thread yourself.

[Edited on 29/3/15 by spiderman]

Spider

SPYDER

posted on 29/3/15 at 01:13 PM
Who fancies a sandwich? It is lunchtime!

Johneturbo

posted on 29/3/15 at 01:20 PM
I would have thought here would have been a safe place not to see the results, even pistonheads that have a sub forum purely for F1 don't ever put results in the title.

shame on you. thankfully i watched it live, but feel for others you ruined the race for

joneh

posted on 29/3/15 at 01:40 PM
quote:

Don't take it personally, it's a standing agreement not to put spoilers in the title, hence Rookie Mistake.

twybrow

posted on 29/3/15 at 01:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by joneh
quote:

Don't take it personally, it's a standing agreement not to put spoilers in the title, hence Rookie Mistake.

Agreed. Take it as a lesson learned Sandwich, on LCBs we don't post results in a title, and if we are adding spoilers to a post, generally it will say so in the title. Plenty on here, myself included, browse the site and watch the F1 replay later safe in the knowledge that the result wont be posted on the front page of LCB. How about you edit your post to change the title so you don't ruin it for anyone else?

JoelP

posted on 29/3/15 at 02:09 PM
It's an annoying thing having spoilers when it's bleeding obvious that you don't put them on the front page following an early morning race. What's even more annoying is that it's not been edited despite everyone telling noobie about forum etiquette - and then coming back lippy. Unreal.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

acb2713

posted on 29/3/15 at 02:17 PM
Were you born this stupid, or did you have to work at it?

As it happens I do avoid all the sites you mentioned, and more, so I do not find out the result before I've had a chance to watch the race. Never, to my knowledge, has anyone on this forum ever posted the result in the title.

But perhaps even this is too difficult for you to understand.

sandwich

posted on 29/3/15 at 02:22 PM
quote:

Thanks, so I made a rookie mistake. A simple request to change the title would have helped a newbie out (not sure if I can, might need a mod to do that, any pointers?)

But instead of a message or a post requesting that its edited I get called:

quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
a thoughtless git .

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
YOU FUCKING MORON.

quote:
a troll doesn't have any fun unless he can ruin it for as many people as possible.

quote:
Originally posted by acb2713
Were you born this stupid

Such a nice welcome you give people, hows about just asking me to rename the thread (if I can find out how).

quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR

Yup, they're obviously too far up their own backsides to be considerate to others and make a simple request instead of just abusing an innocent mistake, but bullies will be bullies.

sandwich

posted on 29/3/15 at 02:25 PM
Found the edit, hope you bullies are happy now
theprisioner

posted on 29/3/15 at 02:26 PM
This thread is not what we normally aspire to in terms of behaviour, is it!

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

JoelP

posted on 29/3/15 at 02:31 PM
Sorry, you don't have a leg to stand on. 2 people pointed it out in perfectly reasonable terms and you came back saying it was their fault for coming on a car forum. It took you 4 hours to edit the title. All you had to do in you first reply was say something like 'good point, I didn't know the etiquette' and you'd have had no bullshit from anyone.

quote:
quote:

Thanks, so I made a rookie mistake. A simple request to change the title would have helped a newbie out (not sure if I can, might need a mod to do that, any pointers?)

But instead of a message or a post requesting that its edited I get called:

quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
a thoughtless git .

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
YOU FUCKING MORON.

quote:
a troll doesn't have any fun unless he can ruin it for as many people as possible.

quote:
Originally posted by acb2713
Were you born this stupid

Such a nice welcome you give people, hows about just asking me to rename the thread (if I can find out how).

quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR

Yup, they're obviously too far up their own backsides to be considerate to others and make a simple request instead of just abusing an innocent mistake, but bullies will be bullies.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

sandwich

posted on 29/3/15 at 02:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
Sorry, you don't have a leg to stand on. 2 people pointed it out in perfectly reasonable terms and you came back saying it was their fault for coming on a car forum. It took you 4 hours to edit the title. All you had to do in you first reply was say something like 'good point, I didn't know the etiquette' and you'd have had no bullshit from anyone.

In my first reply I assumed the rookie mistake joneh posted was relating to theduck reading a car forum. How was I to know?

It took me 10 mins to edit the title after I had got back home after being out from my last post. I edited it as it was pointed out clearly and politely by joneh that I had broken an unknown standing agreement not to put spoilers in the title.

Calling people FUCKING morons and inconsiderate gits doesn't really motivate someone to try and find out how to edit a thread title when they are in a rush to get out the house to an appointment.

And I have 2 legs to stand on last time I checked.

[Edited on 29/3/15 by sandwich]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.