Author: Subject: Ferrari & Vettel
dubzter

posted on 29/3/15 at 02:52 PM
Poor show folks. this should be locked/deleted

[Edited on 29/3/15 by dubzter]

Locost Builders Build Thread

daniel mason

posted on 29/3/15 at 02:54 PM
Give him a break guys! There's people with far bigger problems in the world than finding out an f1 result!
femster87

posted on 29/3/15 at 02:58 PM
Oh dear, the world has ended because someone announced a result before you got a chance to watch it. All the name calling is pathetic bullying
jwhatley

posted on 29/3/15 at 03:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
Give him a break guys! There's people with far bigger problems in the world than finding out an f1 result!

Exactly!

if you stood back and actually listened to yourselves you would find it is totally pathetic.

There are far worse things in life than finding out the F1 result accidentally.

JW

posted on 29/3/15 at 03:14 PM
This is disgusting language to use against a relative newcomer and sums up the way this country is now.

Last week a bloke killed 149 people….. and he didn't get this treatment.

Paul G

MikeRJ

posted on 29/3/15 at 03:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by femster87
Oh dear, the world has ended because someone announced a result before you got a chance to watch it. All the name calling is pathetic bullying

Exactly. It's also pretty sad that people consider their day "ruined" by knowing the result of a tedious F1 race.

scootz

posted on 29/3/15 at 03:53 PM
quote:

Spot on!

It's Evolution Baby!

steve m

posted on 29/3/15 at 04:09 PM
sorry, but im with the "if you don't want to hear the result don't go on a car related website brigade"

My father and I have been shutting our ears to all types of media's including my mother, and wife over stuff like this, on car and football results for f ing years , until will have actually seen the programme

I actually got up, err no watched the F1 on my phone while still in bed this morning, it wasn't exactly early !!

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

joneh

posted on 29/3/15 at 04:47 PM
Anyway welcome to the forum
jps

posted on 29/3/15 at 06:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dubzter
Poor show folks. this should be locked/deleted

[Edited on 29/3/15 by dubzter]

What he said.

jps

posted on 29/3/15 at 06:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by joneh
Anyway welcome to the forum

And what he said too...

Jon Ison

posted on 29/3/15 at 06:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 907
This is disgusting language to use against a relative newcomer and sums up the way this country is now.

Last week a bloke killed 149 people….. and he didn't get this treatment.

Paul G

Sums it up nicely.

britishtrident

posted on 29/3/15 at 07:16 PM
If a race has been shown on free to air TV then the result is free available and open to discussion anything else is simply daft the tail end should not wag the dog.

[Edited on 29/3/15 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

wylliezx9r

posted on 29/3/15 at 07:40 PM
Welcome to the forum Sandwich.

The people who have made bullying comments should be ashamed. Bloody cars going around a track for f*ck sake.

[Edited on 29/3/15 by wylliezx9r]

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

CosKev3

posted on 29/3/15 at 09:14 PM
quote:

As above.

Massive over reaction imo, if it's that important to you stay away from car sites as prev mentioned is the best idea.

loggyboy

posted on 29/3/15 at 10:05 PM
Id like to apologise to Sandwich, on reflection my post was worded far too harshly.
I was just so annoyed as id been on half an hour before and seen the thread labeled 'f1 with spoilers' so had assumed it was (as normal on this site) safe to browse.
Lesson learnt by both, and as stated no real harm done.

Mistral Motorsport

daniel mason

posted on 29/3/15 at 10:14 PM
Fair play loggy! I was biting my lip not to reply to your original reply,and I'm glad I did now.
This is generally such a good forum. Let's try keep it this way

bi22le

posted on 29/3/15 at 11:15 PM
Pats on the back around, many lessons learnt.

I think that some of us regulars expect newbies to know the unwritten rules LCB because most people browse on here for so long before signing up!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

craig1410

posted on 30/3/15 at 01:01 AM
As a long time user of this forum I'm a bit disappointed to say the least about the reaction to the OP.

I've had race results spoiled for me in the past too and it's never fun. The one that really gets me going is when someone says something they think is just a playful hint but I can then immediately deduce the precise result, often much to their surprise!

I remember last year I got dragged out to John Lewis's on a shopping expedition with Mrs C only to find myself in the TV section of John Lewis just as the podium celebration took place! FFS, I was surrounded by 30 TV's all playing the same f**king feed!

Anyway, sounds like at least some folk have seen the error of their ways and apologised to the OP. I'd like to add my own apology to sandwich on behalf of those who are too proud to do so and hope that he doesn't think we're all so quick to be abusive.

Keep calm and enjoy the racing folks!

C.

Acc8braman

posted on 30/3/15 at 05:30 AM
quote:

Acc8braman

posted on 30/3/15 at 05:30 AM
quote:

Acc8braman

posted on 30/3/15 at 05:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by jwhatley
quote:

Exactly!

if you stood back and actually listened to yourselves you would find it is totally pathetic.

There are far worse things in life than finding out the F1 result accidentally.

JW

Acc8braman

posted on 30/3/15 at 05:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Id like to apologise to Sandwich, on reflection my post was worded far too harshly.
I was just so annoyed as id been on half an hour before and seen the thread labeled 'f1 with spoilers' so had assumed it was (as normal on this site) safe to browse.

craig1410

posted on 30/3/15 at 08:53 AM
@Acc8braman, just curious why you felt the need to extract all the quotes of apologies. If it was in response to my post then you may have missed the fact I already pointed out that some people had already apologised?

Also, FYI you can include multiple quotes in a single post to save you having to post 4 times in a row.

[Edited on 30/3/2015 by craig1410]

CosKev3

posted on 30/3/15 at 11:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

Your lucky that moderators only come on this forum once a year or so tbh, as you would have been banned within minutes on most car forums.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.