Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: clothes driers
jacko

posted on 29/4/15 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
clothes driers

Just a warning
Next door's drier has just gone up in flames and burnt / damaged the garage and all contents
Don't leave them when in use

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
KitCatE1

posted on 29/4/15 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
ironic timing i just took ours out of the garage to be taken to the tip yesterday useless spacetaking things things they are
whitestu

posted on 29/4/15 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Ours goes for hours in the garage!
02GF74

posted on 29/4/15 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Why? A clothes line and some pegs does a much better job and minim running costs.

SteveWalker

posted on 29/4/15 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Clothes line is fine when the weather is good and you are around all day, but it's not much good if you have to put the clothes out first thing in the morning and then go to work, only to come home at the end of the day and find that the weather has changed. Certainly no good in the winter and we'd rather not be trying to dry clothes for the five of us, in a hurry, in front of the fire.
bi22le

posted on 29/4/15 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
Why? A clothes line and some pegs does a much better job and minim running costs.

No they is someone that has never used a towel that had been dried in a tumble dryer! They are so soft compared to being outside and baked ask day.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

watsonpj

posted on 29/4/15 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
we had this happen to us about 8 years ago. I took it apart to look and found a design fault (inlet drawing from exhaust and building fluff up on red hot heater elements) and raised it with them and got a full refund 21/2years after we bought it. No argument just a straight offer of new replacement or the money back.
cliftyhanger

posted on 30/4/15 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
Coincidently I had ours apart yesterday, trying to cure a nasty squeal that has developed.
I blew all the inside clean with an airline, luckily a windy day and 10bar or air did a great job. But to be honest there was very little buildup, except around the seals where a new, "fluff seal" had formed. Actually I thought it was the original seal it was so uniform and dense!

That is an 8 year old hotpoint.

Years ago had a white knight. Took that apart to find the inside had a layer a good inch plus thick, and all had black scorching. A decent clean, and repeated every year until it died, kept that OK. Goodness knows how old it was when we got it (hand me down)

I do wonder if the condensing driers suffer more?

INDY BIRD

posted on 30/4/15 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
I remember ,my Fire Marshall training and the trainer on the day said that tumble dryers and dish washers are very high up the list of house fires, he said don't leave the house with them running, a tumble dryer if not cleaned out after every use cusses high amounts of static and has been known to set alight the fluff that is left behind in the filters, so be aware,

Dangerous things if not maintained or cleaned,

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.