Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lost key
corrado vr6

posted on 30/4/15 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Lost key

Hi there

I have a Vauxhall corsa that I have had in storage and have lost the key, is it possible to get another made by Vauxhall using the vin or reg?

Regards
Greg

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

splitrivet

posted on 30/4/15 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
If youve got the manual wallet you should find the key number and key code on a card in the pack this will let a locksmith cut the key. They will then have to code the key with the vehicle.
A local locksmith did this for me a couple of months back when some tw@t walked off with my only key while working on site in my Combo. After ringing round and trying tinterweb who's prices ranged from £200 to £280, the local guy did it for £180 this included a spare non remote key and a visit to where the vehicle was left.
If you do it via Vauxhall with vin number only its a right faff, they will need to see your V5 before they order the key , then they will want the car at the dealers to reprogram the motor, your talking £300 + VAT.
The van was stuck on site for 4 days, moral of story, if you only have 1 key for your Vauxhall get a spare done .
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

DW100

posted on 1/5/15 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
What sort of age corsa is it?

The level of security changes with age. Do you have the CAR PASS ? (credit card sized piece of card) That should have key number, security pin and radio code on it.

[Edited on 1/5/15 by DW100]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.