Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tillett B6.5 seats
Paul_Arion

posted on 24/8/17 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
Tillett B6.5 seats

Hi all

Has anyone fitted the B6.5 (or 3.5) seats to their car at all?? If so then how did you do this?
For those that dont know, these are basically the inner shell from a B6 seat and so dont have the moulded in mounting points fitted. I cant decide how best to fit them in my very narrow cockpit - either make a steel or aluminium framework, or possibly mould in some mounting points at a suitable place on the bottom of the seat and then support the rear to the chassis just below the seat belt mounting points.

Anyone with any previous experience at all?

Thanks
Paul

[Edited on 24/8/17 by Paul_Arion]

peter030371

posted on 24/8/17 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
I think this is what JeffW has in his Phoenix so maybe message him for ideas?
Paul_Arion

posted on 24/8/17 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by peter030371
I think this is what JeffW has in his Phoenix so maybe message him for ideas?

Thanks for the suggestion. I didnt want to ask him directly given his recent woes

bi22le

posted on 24/8/17 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Speak to AB or to Tillet.

I come from a karting background so I am a bolt through and large washer kind of guy!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

jeffw

posted on 24/8/17 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Ask away....

I basically had a large widened U shaped ally bar back support bolted to the back of the passenger bulkhead which bolted through the seat just under the armpit chest area of the seat. Two C shaped ally bar under the front of the seat while the inner side was bolted through the central tunnel. Last but not least the headrest attached to the rollbar with another ally bracket.

Mine have been like that for 7-8 years with no issues.

jeffw

posted on 24/8/17 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Very old picture on the Tillett site

jeffw

posted on 24/8/17 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote

Paul_Arion

posted on 24/8/17 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Aha that's great thanks Jeff. I'd seen only one pic of your car on the Tillett site but those are really helpful. No issues bolting to the rear bulkhead at all? I've just dropped in my centre tunnel and looks like I can do similar and bolt into that plus side panel as I'll need one for IVA I think. I did speak to Tillett who recommended bolting through the seat under the arm pits, headrest etc. I'm struggling to see how I can bolt under my headrest though given the position of my roll cage (at least pre -IVA).

I'll have a good look again at it tomorrow. Thanks

jeffw

posted on 25/8/17 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
You can just see on the last picture how I did it. There is a 'S' shaped ally bar (think of the S laid down) round the roll-bar cross bar and bolts in behind the head rest pad.

Paul_Arion

posted on 25/8/17 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
You can just see on the last picture how I did it. There is a 'S' shaped ally bar (think of the S laid down) round the roll-bar cross bar and bolts in behind the head rest pad.

Unfortunately I don't have a suitably place roll bar cross brace on my chassis. I've had a chat with Tillett today and will look to mount a bracket after IVA to support the headrest. Think I now have a plan anyway - 5mm Al will be ordered later

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.