Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Selling car but insurance has run out
AlexXtreme

posted on 19/7/19 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
Selling car but insurance has run out

My wife has been ill for a while so we have decided to sell her much beloved Mx5 NC roadster and when she is better we will get something else.
(very good condition, '08, 69125 miles and £3,600!)
Anyway it has been advertised at what we believe good price to sell for almost a month with only one waster... the market seems very quiet at the moment. I have someone who is very keen coming this weekend however the insurance has now run out (it is parked on the drive so not breaking any laws).
What are my options assuming he will want to take it for a test drive?

One thought is to get an on the spot 1 day insurance assuming we have agreed a price.

Another would be to get insurance on-line and then cancel it during the 14 day cooling off period!

If it does not sell in by the end of july / mid next month we might just keep it anyway and hope that she can drive it next year.

designer

posted on 19/7/19 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
Your insurance company will able to give you a month extension for a sum.
Don't think you get a free 'cooling off' with insurance as you will have been using it; otherwise we'd all be doing it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
AlexXtreme

posted on 19/7/19 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
Good point! After I posted this I did a quick check and I am sure they will charge and admin fee.
I did a quick look for 2 hours temp car insurance on-line can be found for £17.
Alex

miskit

posted on 19/7/19 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Just in case you are not aware that if it is not both taxed AND insured you can get fined if it is not declared SORN, even if it is parked off road.
https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-insurance/uninsured-vehicles

computid

posted on 22/7/19 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
Your insurance company will able to give you a month extension for a sum.
Don't think you get a free 'cooling off' with insurance as you will have been using it; otherwise we'd all be doing it

You get a 14 day cooling off period when you purchase insurance. It is not free. You can cancel at any time during the 14 day period and receive a refund, usually minus an administration fee and a prorated charge for the insurance services provided during the period of usage.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.