Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: You know you're bored when.........
v8kid

posted on 18/4/20 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
You know you're bored when.........

You know you're bored when.........

You T Cut your toolbox and then do the whole thing again because you missed a tiny corner.

What have you caught yourself doing that requires a good talking to?

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slater

posted on 18/4/20 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
over last few weeks I've been wandering up and down the garden with a trowel, digging up all the dandelion weeds etc.

I actually quite enjoy it and find it therapeutic, but then chuckle to myself at the thought of what a nerd I'm being....

you have to get the whole root out by the way, any little bits left in the soil will just grow into a bigger weed!

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

nick205

posted on 18/4/20 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Painted the outside of the wooden garden shed with weather protection stuff.

Two days later went back and painted the inside of the shed doors as well!

SWMBOs had me decorating in the house, because she's bored. The paint that was already on there was fine

Eldest son has discovered "trampoline bikes" on the flipping Internet and now thinks getting one is vital - arrrrrgggghhhhhhhh!

On the tools front I've re-arranged a few tool box drawers and got my welder out. Now looking at gas regulators and flow meters for the gas bottle.

[Edited on 18/4/20 by nick205]

nick205

posted on 18/4/20 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Slater

I attempted that a few years back a quickly gave up.

steve m

posted on 18/4/20 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
Ive thought about polishing my Clarke 5 drawer units in the garage, but thought people would laugh !!

I might do it now!!

but sad I know, ive creosoted my back gate on the outside, that no one will EVER see !

but I will, know its done

also in my dreams at night, im every where, infact ive been on mars, it was quite a mission, but I was naked, so I
don't know how long I stayed there ……………….

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 19/4/20 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
Got cracking on the locost. Always knew their was a reason its taken so long.

Hopefully going to do an engine start this week, then will set up electronic ignition.

After that it's hydraulics -got all the bits apart from front calipers (have calipers but they must be knackered as not used in 20 years)

Then painting the chassis followed by final build.

I've got the electrics and Ali for the sides so should be ok once I can get my head round the best way to prep and paint a 20 year old chassis.

But before all that, I did a bloody good tidy in the garage.

rusty nuts

posted on 19/4/20 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
The last few days I’ve sorted my nuts out. And my bolts etc
nick205

posted on 19/4/20 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Started considering what items I have that I no longer use/want/need and might sell.

First one is my radio control car. I've had it a few years, it works fine, but as the kids have got older I simply don't use any longer. I've started cleaning it up ready to advertise and sell. Most likely via Ebay.

Next on the list is to go through the tool boxes and identify any tools that I just don't use and could be sold on to others.

Boredom has led to this, but if I can recover some money and clear some space then perhaps not a bad thing overall.

starterman

posted on 19/4/20 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
I got a bit extreme. My Tiger is nearly finished and ready for the panels to be painted but now the paintshop isn't available so in my wisdom I decided that the Tiger loom carried far too much wire. I've rewired everything and managed to cut out just over 120 feet of wire. The only thing I didn't need to touch was the ECU loom that Big Wasa the magician made for me. That man seems to have an endless supply of patience in dealing with me.

Maybe I could paint the panels with dulux and flat and polish it to a shine....................

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/4/20 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
I scratch built a rather massive 8 seater picnic table at the weekend, my wife told me off for building it so big... but it was just the size of the timber I had and it seemed a waste not to use it

Can't say I've been doing any unusual jobs I'd not normally do, just a lot more jobs round the house especially with this weather and being stuck here

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 20/4/20 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
ive painted the fence, god its so boring, but it does look nice though!
got to do the other side once ive moved some stuff around

And around 1500 mon-fri we have a wii bowling competition on wats app, with a couple of work mates, im leading 9,1,0,0 at the moment !!

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

nick205

posted on 20/4/20 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I scratch built a rather massive 8 seater picnic table at the weekend, my wife told me off for building it so big... but it was just the size of the timber I had and it seemed a waste not to use it

Good job Mr Whippy - make use of the materials to hand and don't waste any or get left with a pile of bits that probably aren't much use

I'd like to make something similar, but my eldest son has taken pretty much all spare timber around the place to build bicycle ramps with. It's keeping him occupied, but also running me out of timber, nails, screws and time when I have to help with the woodwork. All good learning I suppose!

[Edited on 21/4/20 by nick205]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.