Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wanted: Car Transporter Trailer
Tatey

posted on 26/4/20 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Wanted: Car Transporter Trailer

I am looking to buy a car transporter trailer for my Haynes Roadster to transport it to the track and to its IVA test this coming winter.

I will be keeping the trailer in my single garage with the car parked on top so I am somewhat limited on size.

The trailer needs to fit through a 2134mm wide garage door opening. And it needs to fit my Haynes Roadster which has a max tyre width of 1650mm with an overall car length of 3.2m.

It looks like a Brian James Minno Max or C4 Blue will fit my needs perfectly but these seem to be pretty rare and expensive. The PRG Mini Sport only has a bed width of 1.65m so I would be concerned that my car wouldn't fit.

I am happy to travel quite far for the right trailer. I am located around Leicester. I would be waiting until the lockdown has ended to view/buy anything.

So ideally the trailer will be:

Less than 2.13m wide at its widest width, if it has flexible indicator stalks that can be flexed out of the way that is fine.

Bed width of 1.7m to accommodate the 1.65m wheel width of my Haynes and 3.3m long bed.

I will also be towing this with my MK6 VW Golf which has a brakes tow weight limit of 1.6tonnes so ideally the trailer would be plated for this or less, or if it is of a known brand then I should be able to get it downplated.

jester
Contributor

Posts 169
Registered 21/5/17

Photo Archive Go!
Building: brought Jester.building a Jester own a Striker

posted on 26/4/20 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
Have you tried ebay. There are a fair amount of companys that list rentals on there as well
rusty nuts

posted on 27/4/20 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
Not selling but a little tip for getting the trailer into the garage especially if you have any kind of ramp/ slope etc is to drill the floor at the back of the gearage and attach a chain or steel ring then put the hitch end into the garage first and use the winch to get it in. Makes it a lot easier to guide through a tight doorway. My trailer is a BJ , can’t remember offhand which model but it is the type where the hitch bar has a removable pin and pivots upright thus shortening the storage space needed

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.