Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: C1/D1 Driving Licence renewal
v8kid

posted on 28/4/20 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
C1/D1 Driving Licence renewal

Posted my old gits over 70 driving licence renewal forms over a month ago and heard nowt. Now my licence has expired.

It seems from the DVLA site that that's OK and they will sort stuff out when Covid19 is sorted. But its all a little vague with the web site going round in circles..

Anyone any insights as to what the script is?

I can't do it online as I want to retain my C1/D1 entitlements and they want to see a D4 doctors report all of which was posted on 23/3.

Cheers!

David

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rf900rush

posted on 28/4/20 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Have a similar issue
I received a Photo license renewal notice
Unable to renew on line I have no passport.
Local Post Office Digital renewal machine is broken
So I called the DVLA to ask "what do I do."
Told not Key worker can not talk to you.
I reply I just need a quick simple answer, the reply was do not worry for now.

I guess none essential things like this can wait.

I guess in your case they may speak to you as it's expired, unlike mine which is has not.

[Edited on 29/4/20 by rf900rush]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 28/4/20 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't wait for your licence to arrive with your breath holded……………

My mother, 80, had waited over 14 months for her licence to come back after a technical problem (not her or her driving)
it came back 2 weeks ago13 Apr 2020, and sent of Feb 2019

And she was not allowed to drive until it was returned, im sorry to say, but DVLA are SH!TE and all there staff need sacking and re employing with competent people

My Mother has now effectively decided not to drive any more due to not being on the road for 14 months and lost confidence
Shame, she was a VERY GOOD DRIVER, and even my wife who can be critical, said my Mother was a good driver

Now for the technical issue, Mum decided a photo licence was a good idea, not sure why? this was done some 5-6 years ago,
Yet, totally unnoticed by her came back as a provisional licence, until her insurance said she wasn't insured ?? not sure how they found out

Its taken 14 months of emails letters phone calls, and several (at least 10) certified copies of her pass certificate from 06Jan 1958 to prove she passed

Now on to my dear old Dad, who failed a couple of tests in the 60's and I can understand why !!
as a family we moved to Africa in 1962 Sierra leon and lived there till around 1968, and was asked if he could drive, yes he replied, and was given a company car, a green zodiac/zepher, and numerous other cars, and when we all came back to the UK
was given a FULL licence, My Mother was never amused at that!!

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.