Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS. GSXR750 K1-K2 throttle bodies kit 42mm £150
SPYDER

posted on 15/6/20 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
FS. GSXR750 K1-K2 throttle bodies kit 42mm £150

Up until recently these were fitted on my 3SGE engine. I re-spaced them 9.5mm-18mm-9.5mm and the throttle linkages were adjusted to suit. They come with short, non fuel resistant silicon joiners and eight Mikalor stainless clamp bands. The injector bosses have been threaded and stainless bungs fitted as have the holes left following removal of the secondary butterflies. Also included are four bellmouths and a TPS which isn't the correct one but could fit with an adaptor. I fitted a larger throttle cable quadrant which is offset to achieve a progressive action. The standard, unaltered fuel rail is included as are a set of injectors. I made a set of alloy spacers for respacing them and I include the left over ones which may be of use. Some people respace them with long threaded bars and nuts/washers. The original injectors could be reinstated but you will need to mod the fuel rail. Not difficult. I have upgraded to 46mm Hayabusa ITBs, hence the sale. I am near M1 J27, NG17 postcode.

[Edited on 15/6/20 by SPYDER]

[Edited on 17/6/20 by SPYDER]

[Edited on 17/6/20 by SPYDER]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

SPYDER

posted on 17/6/20 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
Price reduced to £125. Half the ebay price without the bellmouths etc.
SPYDER

posted on 27/6/20 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
Still available.
tokyodave

posted on 4/7/20 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
On a technical side, I'm way out of my depth but may be interested in buying.
I circuit race a MK2 MR2 but the engine failed last season (cracked piston). It is at a workshop for a rebuild and wonder what would be involved in fitting this set up. The price is good, but I don't want hours of labour added to an already expensive job. Please give me some idea of what gain I may see and what extra work or parts may be needed to make it all work. Is a standard bottom end OK with this?
The engine is now going to be fitted with HC pistons and has previously had head work and cams with a Link G4 ECU and was producing 173hp at the wheels.
Thanks for your help,
David

gavin174

posted on 6/7/20 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Are these still available

http://www.essexkitcarclub.com

SPYDER

posted on 7/7/20 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tokyodave
On a technical side, I'm way out of my depth but may be interested in buying.
I circuit race a MK2 MR2 but the engine failed last season (cracked piston). It is at a workshop for a rebuild and wonder what would be involved in fitting this set up. The price is good, but I don't want hours of labour added to an already expensive job. Please give me some idea of what gain I may see and what extra work or parts may be needed to make it all work. Is a standard bottom end OK with this?
The engine is now going to be fitted with HC pistons and has previously had head work and cams with a Link G4 ECU and was producing 173hp at the wheels.
Thanks for your help,
David

Hi David. If your car is already producing 173hp at the wheels then that is likely to be near 200 at the fly. At that power level these 42mm ITBs would be getting near their limit, so I have been told, so I would be sourcing some Hayabusa ones which are 46mm. Or maybe some late model 4AGE ones. Either way it's not a simple job, especially if you respace them. DANST engineering will make a manifold for you.

SPYDER

posted on 7/7/20 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gavin174
Are these still available

Yes Gavin. Still available.

SPYDER

posted on 7/7/20 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
Just to clear up any confusion, I have removed the second set of butterflies, the ones controlled by the bike's ECU. The remaining set are operated with the throttle cable just like any other set.
I don't know of any car install using these ITBs where the second set has not been removed.

SPYDER

posted on 17/7/20 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Now sold.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.