Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: It's finally time
starterman

posted on 2/11/20 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
It's finally time

Well after two postponed IVA tests tomorrow looks like it will happen and by 1pm I should have my fail list to work to
MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 2/11/20 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck, you'll have many months to fix the fails 😁
Mr Whippy

posted on 2/11/20 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck, I think...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 2/11/20 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
good luck m8, dont forget to self distance

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Slater

posted on 3/11/20 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Best of luck, looking forward to hearing how you got on.....

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

nick205

posted on 3/11/20 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Best of luck!

I hope you get a decent tester with a positive view on getting cars on the road.

From memory it was actually a pretty good day, the tester was a good chap and on the few fail points he gave helpful solutions rather than silence.

Enjoy!

IanmK

posted on 3/11/20 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
update

How did you get on? Not the best day weatherwise!
Deckman001

posted on 3/11/20 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck , I hope you had a good time there.

Jason

starterman

posted on 3/11/20 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Many thanks for all good wishes.

We had a fail, but only on the one thing. I had fitted an aftermarket steering wheel, which is fine but isn't certified for driver impact unlike the OE unit. Although I have to pay for a retest I don't have to take the car. I can do it by emailing a picture of the OE wheel fitted. So as fails go it's a really good one.

Deckman001

posted on 3/11/20 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Fantastic news, well done for that minor fail, it should be very comforting to know how well you’ve built it now and it should give you great confidence to drive it when you can 😊

Jason

jps

posted on 3/11/20 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by starterman
Many thanks for all good wishes.

We had a fail, but only on the one thing. I had fitted an aftermarket steering wheel, which is fine but isn't certified for driver impact unlike the OE unit. Although I have to pay for a retest I don't have to take the car. I can do it by emailing a picture of the OE wheel fitted. So as fails go it's a really good one.

That's a fantastic outcome, well done. I t would be good to see pictures. I was aware that aftermarket steering wheels were likely to be a problem due to the padding/impact risk but I have never heard mention of a steering wheel being 'certified'. Is this a new thing? Or was it more generally down to you having not padded it sufficiently?

starterman

posted on 3/11/20 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
It was because the OE wheel will deform upon impact, whereas aftermarket wheels are an unknown. Unless of course they supply the neccessary information stating forces to deform etc. Hope that makes sense
steve m

posted on 3/11/20 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
I would call that "fail" a pass, if its only a picture. and some more money to be paid, well done

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

starterman

posted on 3/11/20 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
I would call that "fail" a pass, if its only a picture. and some more money to be paid, well done

steve

My thoughts exactly

sdh2903

posted on 3/11/20 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
Although an easy fix Its a bit of a con to be charged a retest fee to send in a pic.

Also think it's a bit harsh to fail on that. Especially as that's the only fail.

I went through with an obviously second hand Westfield iva padded wheel and the tester asked me what wheel I was fitting after the test! Told him I had a momo wheel to go on and he told me that provided the spokes were rounded he'd happily pass it. I failed the test on emissions but after the lockdown I went back for the retest with the momo on and he remembered and commented on it being a far superior quality wheel.

nick205

posted on 4/11/20 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Good result and very well done - sending a photo isn't hard these days!

I recall taking my MK Indy for it's SVA with the donor Sierra steering wheel fitted (for that reason). Once passed, registered and on the road I changed to a smaller, better looking and feeling steering wheel.

joneh

posted on 4/11/20 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
That's a great result and I'm pleased I still have my Sierra wheel tucked up somewhere in the garage!!!

Hopefully the rest of the paper work gets turned around quickly before the sunny weather turns up again.

ReMan

posted on 5/11/20 at 12:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Although an easy fix Its a bit of a con to be charged a retest fee to send in a pic.

Also think it's a bit harsh to fail on that. Especially as that's the only fail.

My thoughts too, but theres also a pay the money and walk away quietly element that say PASS and move on

Well done

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

big_wasa

posted on 5/11/20 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
And another easy pass for oem fuel injection

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.