Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra Coloum Wiring
richard

posted on 6/4/05 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Sierra Coloum Wiring

I am in the process of wiring our locost with our Sierra (H reg 1991 ) coloum and would like to check the wiring of the coloum switches as although I checked them all when I took the Sierra loom apart, I still ended up with a few wires from the coloum switches that did not seem to change state when the various switches are operated. Does anyone have a list of the various wires / numbers etc as I have seen for pre 87 models. We already intend to use relays for the high power circuits as we have heard that the wires in the coloum will burn out.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fifer

posted on 7/4/05 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
You will need to buy the Sierra book, there aare many variants of the wiring and it can be a bit of a nightmare figuring them out.
You are correct when you say you must use relays, the switches are only rated at a very low current.

richard

posted on 7/4/05 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers, have got the book but still a bit of a nightmare, as does not show clearly what happens inside emails. Have had a chat with Premier wiring today and have an idea which circuits to put relays in, but would still welcome a list that shows the contact numbers on the back of the coloum switches ( that I have written down ) and what circuits that go to control as I still have a few wires from the coloum switches that did not seem to change state when the coloum switches are moved.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 7/4/05 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Get your magnifying glass out. The numbers are next to the pins on the switches and the page in front of the diagrams shows the internal connections for each switch and the relays in the Haynes manual.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.