Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Injection fuel pressure regulator
salexander

posted on 21/4/05 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Injection fuel pressure regulator

Hi all,

I'm pulling together all of the bits for the fuel injection setup (Emerald ECU and Jenveys) on my VX motor and so far I'm doing ok with some good buys on eBay.

A problem is the fuel pressure regulator, adjustable ones are expensive and not really necessary for my setup. I'm happy to use a fixed pressure unit from a production car but not sure where to start looking in the scrapyards!

Has anyone found a suitable seperate regulator (around 3 bar base pressure) that isn't integral with the fuel rail?

Any pointers gratefully received

NS Dev

posted on 21/4/05 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
A lot of the "earlier" injection vauxhalls had separate regs with that sort of line pressure.

I probably have one from an Opel Manta GTE that you can have, I'll have a look tonight. They were designed to sit in the middle of the fuel rail, (two injectors each side) so have three fuel connections, two in and one out, but you can just blank off one of the inlets.

If you need higher fuel pressure, that is easy, just get the regulator between two appropriately sized sockets and a g-clamp and squash it a bit (a LITTE bit!) to raise the pressure. Lowering it again is a no-no so don't overdo it!

salexander

posted on 25/4/05 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
A search in the scrapyard at the weekend turned up a couple of FPRs, one k-series and one Citroen XM. Both are 3 bar and look adaptable.
Got both regulators plus an injection loom for £5!

turbolag

posted on 28/4/05 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
The regulators fitted to injected CVH motors were adjustable. a cheap FSE alternative.

Rich.

If it ain't broke, you ain't fiddlin' hard enough!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.