Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: How much are finished / part finished cars worth?
Nickleby4

posted on 5/5/05 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
How much are finished / part finished cars worth?

No this is not yet another cunningly disguised for sale - for those that are as cynical as myself...

need advice though.

I've been offered a nearly finished locost, based around a 2.0L SOHC Ford engine. It's nicely built out of nice bits, so all to the good.

I'm thinking of buying it for a bit of fun this summer with a veiw to selling it agian when I emigrate in September.

What's it worth? No and finished?

Thanks for any feed back.

Rich B

Jon Ison

posted on 5/5/05 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
A M8 of mine recently bought a unfinished Stuart Taylor with 99% of the bits too finish complete with ZX9 engine new yoko tyres fancy brakes ect for i think around £1200.

does that give you a pointer ?

turbolag

posted on 5/5/05 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
a guy down the road sold an unfinished Dax Cobra with all the bits to complete for a bag of sand last year. The project just lost momentum and his missus made him get rid. If I hadn't been on holiday i'd have snapped his fingers off.

If it ain't broke, you ain't fiddlin' hard enough!

Nickleby4

posted on 5/5/05 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah. You are both right - I sold a cossie powered starlet 6 months ago for 4 1/2 grand less than it owed me - don't know what I was thinking.

Rich B

James

posted on 11/5/05 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
I would imagine that now (lead up to summer) and Spetember (lead up to winter) would be the worst times to buy and sell financially.

Just out of interest, where you emigrating to?

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

ChrisGamlin

posted on 13/5/05 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
A M8 of mine recently bought a unfinished Stuart Taylor with 99% of the bits too finish complete with ZX9 engine new yoko tyres fancy brakes ect for i think around £1200.

does that give you a pointer ?

Jeez lucky chap, that seller must have been desperate for the cash! Not that Id be complaining if buying it at that price, but if someone gets into a situation where they cant finish the car, why not flog the bits seperately? From the three bits mentioned (ZX9 engine, tarty brakes and new tyres) you'd get nearly £1200 for those alone, so assuming it had chassis, bodywork, seats, shocks etc he could have got a hell of a lot more than that for it.

[Edited on 13/5/05 by ChrisGamlin]

Jon Ison

posted on 13/5/05 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
just too make you feel even more sick Chris, here's some pics........

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=gal&user=Anthony%20Mellors

ChrisGamlin

posted on 13/5/05 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like a bargain and a half, although Im not sure standard M16's come in under the fancy brakes catergory tho

[Edited on 13/5/05 by ChrisGamlin]

Jon Ison

posted on 13/5/05 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
fair play, but there fully re furbed and re-plated with fancy dics n pads, LSD, every panel, no seats or exhaust n thats about it.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 14/5/05 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Yep totally agree, just ribbing really, an absolute bargain.
I paid more than that for my part built car 4 years ago, and that didnt come with about half of what would be required to finish, yet it was still a good deal when you totted up the cost of buying the parts seperately.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.