Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: possible interesting experience
stephen_gusterson

posted on 10/5/05 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
possible interesting experience

probably the fastest car ive ever been in is a honda nsx. never been in a locost. Tomorrow, my boss, who belongs to a car club where you get your hands on lots of exotica, is going to take me out in his current 3 day hire car.

Its a porche 996. This one is capable of 4.2 secs. might be interesting.....

atb

steve

posted on 10/5/05 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
the best bar I ever visited was in Bangkok
Or does this not count as interesting experience?

[Edited on 10/5/05 by Cita]

NS Dev

posted on 10/5/05 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
This is going to sound all competitive but that isn't the intention, however, the quickest car I have been in was the old Ultima GTR demonstrator (my mate runs the company) and I will be going to Le Mans this year in the new demonstrator which will by then have a further uprated engine I think. (now only 640hp)

This car has been officially timed by Datron at 0-60 in 2.7 secs, 0-100 in 5.5 and 0-100-0 in 9.8 secs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just in case that sounds a bit unbelievable:

Ultima World Record

or read the latest copy of EVO mag, where they took the car to the Isle of Man in their "no limits" article testing the worlds quickest cars on derestricted roads.

Fifer

posted on 10/5/05 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
FYI
F1 cars do the 0-100-0 in 4.0 sec

flak monkey

posted on 10/5/05 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fifer
FYI
F1 cars do the 0-100-0 in 4.0 sec

Whaaaat? Seriously? (Too much electronics launch control etc!, watch the vid of the ultima, theres not even abs....)

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

stephen_gusterson

posted on 10/5/05 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
i was in bangkok last year for a week. I didnt go in a bar at all - honest....! Altho there was one right next to the hotel. I was expecting it to be much more smutty - suppose its wherte you are or if you seek it out or not.

atb

steve

Volvorsport

posted on 10/5/05 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
i think the ultima is also road legal ?????

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

Simon

posted on 10/5/05 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NS Dev
This car has been officially timed by Datron at 0-60 in 2.7 secs, 0-100 in 5.5 and 0-100-0 in 9.8 secs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but my bike (available at any Suzuki dealer for about 7 grand) will do 60 in 2.8, 100 in 5.8 top 200 AND do 70mpg (at constant 40) doesn't get stuck in traffic and for another 5 grand I could turbo and top 240 mph.

ATB

Simon

BTT Steve, Enjoy, let's hope he let's you have a go, even if it pootling round the car park

NS Dev

posted on 11/5/05 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
Ok ok, I know bikes are the answer for cheap performance but I'd like to stay alive!!!

Having now seen 2 VERY serious crashes involving ultimas where the driver (and passenger) could walk (ish) away, I know where I would rather sit!

The worst crash involved a head-on with a Vauxhall Omega, both cars travelling at 60mph plus prior to impact, followed by scything down two large motorway style streetlamps, removing two legs from a large A-road roundabout layout sign, then barrel rolling through a hedge into a field.

As I said, I am fairly happy to sit in an Ultima exploiting it's performance.

posted on 11/5/05 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson
i was in bangkok last year for a week. I didnt go in a bar at all - honest....! Altho there was one right next to the hotel. I was expecting it to be much more smutty - suppose its wherte you are or if you seek it out or not.

atb

steve

This was way back in the 70's Steve and being young guys we "kinda looking for pussy bar" with pocket's full of cheap US $
and no sign of aids-condom's
etc...
Looking back at it...nothing to be proud of though,probably because the brains have moved from between the legs to the head.
Cheers Cita

OX

posted on 11/5/05 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
had a pillion ride on the back of mark farmer,3 laps around Oulton park,,just as i was swinging my leg over to get on the back ,i heard over the speakers that some one had just fallen off the back of jim moodie.i never realised road going bikes could brake so late and go round corners so fast and low

[Edited on 11/5/05 by OX]

Alan B

posted on 11/5/05 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Cita...you aren't me in disguise are you?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

posted on 11/5/05 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Could well be Alan!!
I guess that every young lad in his early 20's has the same thing on his mind regardless nationality-race and maby religion!
Who sang "Those where the days my friend-I thought they'd never end"

Guinness

posted on 11/5/05 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Steve

quote:

never been in a locost

Are you telling me that you've spent years building your car, and you've never been in one? What if you don't like it?

I guess I'm lucky as I have been a passenger in the old MK Blade demo car and a couple of Caterhams.

Mike

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.