Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Syd Bridge
Rorty

posted on 6/12/05 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Syd Bridge

I'm not sure what I ever did to upset Syd, but for what ever reason, he becomes incensed every time I post something. When someone does post a view contrary to his, his initial reaction seems to be to accuse me of posting under a pseudonym, as he did today in this thread. I was also accused of using several alter egos recently on this thread too.
He's annoying and pitiful and I believe he does himself more harm than I ever could, so it's easier to just let him rant on.
I will not retaliate to his personal slights and antagonism any more (tempting and easy though it may be). It's too disruptive and ruins everyone's enjoyment of the forum.
Subject closed as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Syd Bridge

posted on 6/12/05 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
If that's IT, then go back and remove ALL of the abusive posts containing the foul, ill concieved and derogatory remarks you have made in the past few years. Also, I am not the only person on here who recognises your alternate pseudonyms.

Including the 'Syd Bridge.' that was quite obviously put by you. The language matches that which you have used in the past, almost to the letter.

I feel sorry for you. I genuinely and sincerely do.

You now have a disability which stops you from driving, and building. You have a lot of free time to spend at your cad, and have produced drawings which many will benefit from.

Put the energy you now have spare to more good use, instead of into anger and embittered comment. You'll feel better for it, and so will the rest of the Locost community.

If you're a man with the necessary amount of boll*cks, then you'll do this and stop the inane and insecure sniping NOW, and never restart.

If not, then????? I s'pose this will show everyone on the forum just how big a man you really are.

I'll be quite happy never to have a comment replied to with abuse and closed mindedness.

Back to you.

Syd ( Without the . )

I'm off to bed. Nighty Night.

[Edited on 6/12/05 by Syd Bridge]

andyharding

posted on 6/12/05 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
Grow up lads.

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

NS Dev

posted on 7/12/05 at 12:01 AM Reply With Quote
I think Syd has a fair point in this!

He did retire from the forum and just help others out purely by U2U messages, but I think this became tiresome for items that were relevant to many on here.

Peteff

posted on 7/12/05 at 12:01 AM Reply With Quote
Syd. Syd Rorty

Multiple personality disorder or dissociative identity disorder, how many more of these can we go through?. How does Syd know so much about Rorty?. Come on, put us out of our misery, I bet Considerably will crop up in this somewhere as well if we're not careful. I've been out and had a few pints and now the whole universe is clear to me

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

steve m

posted on 7/12/05 at 12:54 AM Reply With Quote
And i thought it was only me that upsets certain people on here

This is a forum, and every one including me has a right to put across there opinion

"It is my honest opinion that for every builder on here there is at least 100 who would not be able to assemble an Aifix model, let alone build a car"

BKLOCO

posted on 7/12/05 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
Rorty = Syd = Syd. = Fcuk knows who else = who fcukin cares!!!!!

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

posted on 7/12/05 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
It's about time me and Gusto step inn!!
At least we have some fun fighting each other!!

Rorty is not exactly the closest person to my hart but I dont think Syd that bringing up Rorty's health condition is contributing anything.

I know about Rorty's condition some time now but it never crossed my mind to bring this to public attention,inspite the not so friendly conversations I had with him in the past.

Everybody may know that I have great sympathy for you Sid but I think you crossed the line here!

Just my two pennies!

Cheers Cita

Scotty

posted on 7/12/05 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
wow! - wish i had someone to pick on me !!!
BUT!
seriously, there are some very clever people on this forum and have always helped me (and others) with their knowledge to which i sincerely thank them
I wish i had enough knowledge to help others in the same way, perhaps in time as my build finally progresses i might.
My subject is computers and there are LOTS of others on this forum with similar skills to help others with quieries, i'll keep posting funnies as a way of contributing
I think this link will explain more of what i mean
Linky

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

Peteff

posted on 7/12/05 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Scotty...

Why did you pick that name, I bet you're not even from Scotland. You probably have one of those yappy litle terrier dogs like on the whiskey bottles, I hate you and I hate your computer. Or probably your name's Scott, that one just occurred to me as well

Is that enough ? I didn't really enjoy that but if it makes you feel more like you're more involved what the hell.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

britishtrident

posted on 7/12/05 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Why did you pick that name, I bet you're not even from Scotland. You probably have one of those yappy litle terrier dogs like on the whiskey bottles, I hate you and I hate your computer. Or probably your name's Scott, that one just occurred to me as well

Is that enough ? I didn't really enjoy that but if it makes you feel more like you're more involved what the hell.

It is so he can beam us up !

(oops thought just occurred--- the phrase beam me up is actually quite rude ;-) )

marktigere1

posted on 7/12/05 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Rude?? Where!! How!!!

Scotty, I'll have a go as well if you want. Sounds like fun!!!

Mark

If a bolt is stuck force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway!!!
(My Dad 1991)

Syd Bridge

posted on 7/12/05 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
OK all,

I am not Rorty, Syd Bridge. , or anyone else on this forum.

Some of you have met me, wandering around at Exeter. The four big lads following were not my minders, but still call me Dad. (At least to my face. )

A few of you have been in my home. I'm not asking for confirmations.

Who on this forum has met Rorty, aka Bob Frost-Stevenson? (Wimmera for one, is excused from answering.)

Any comment I have made regarding his health situation is purely out of sympathy, his situation is not one that you would want to be in, nor wish on anyone else.

I have never put a statement on this forum with malice in mind. If any of you have read them in this way, then you should be looking within yourselves for the reason. I can only apologise if the content of my words is misinterpreted, but they are always written with the best of intentions, and more often than not with a smile on my face. ( Not a smirk.)

If anyone has a good reason that I should not ask Chris to remove Syd Bridge. and associated posts, please say so now.

Regards,
Syd.

[Edited on 7/12/05 by Syd Bridge]

Jumpy Guy

posted on 7/12/05 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
Syd, Rorty......

I wish you two crazy kids would stop play fighting and admit you love one another.

You are each others Ying and Yang, and the sooner you come to realise this, the happier you'll both be.

Failing that, both of you could just stop the pre-teen squabbling and get on with the business at hand, which is-

Dispensing engineering knowledge to us incompetent bumblers.

Group hug????

[Edited on 7/12/05 by Jumpy Guy]

Fred W B

posted on 7/12/05 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with Jumpy Guy

Can you two not agree to differ, give up on the bickering, and start afresh? It is the season of goodwill, after all.

Here's hoping.

Fred WB

MikeR

posted on 7/12/05 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
or, just state in replies that you "disagree with X persons view. These are my views and then leave it at that." sticking to the facts without questioning each others abilities means we can have an interesting debate, see other peoples points of view and not watch it degenerate.
Scotty

posted on 7/12/05 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
Peteff
awwww - thats sweet of you - TART!

at least it gives the other a rest, eh ?
people call me scotty because they couldnt spell longshanks - i think it was longshanks anyway???
so whats peteff short for ??
Peter eff off and leave us alone ?????

britishtrident
i have a nice piece of 2x4 with a good polished edge - wanna try it???

i enjoy winding people up - it seems that some people are a bit "sensitive"
but at the end of the day - who really gives a t0ss?
happy thoughts everone

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

Peteff

posted on 7/12/05 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
so whats peteff short for ??

I'm 5' 10", that's not short is it?

yours, Pete

steve_gus

posted on 7/12/05 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Well, that makes me feel better for the crap that went on between me and Cita recently

I can say that Syd has certainly given me advice on u2u whenever I have asked.

And so has Rorty.

So unusually im on the fence

unless one of you has belgian origins?

(just a joke, honest )

atb

steve

http://www.locostbuilder.co.uk

Just knock off the 's'!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

posted on 8/12/05 at 02:27 AM Reply With Quote
Somebody's calling?

Cheers Cita

Scotty

posted on 8/12/05 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote

Syd Bridge

posted on 8/12/05 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
I am totally disillusioned that all but a couple of you find Rorty's words and behaviour acceptable.

It's not funny, it's not smart, just downright pathetic.

And those of you who see it as acceptable should be having a really good look at yourselves. Why is the uk the way it is today? Just look in the mirror.

If he posted that stuff on an aussie forum, he'd have a mob at his door before he had pushed the 'Post Reply' button. Which is why he posts on here and not Aus. Worlds apart. And yes, I will be going back there before too many more years pass, before some smart mouth suggests it.

I can understand why he is the way he is. Put yourself in his shoes. Disabled, can't do what you want, peeved at the world and a hot irish temper to go with it.

But what he puts on here crosses the line.

Although the large majority of you on here seem to find it acceptable, or just plain don't care.

Extremely sad really.

You should ALL be reading what he puts as though it is directed at yourself, the attitudes would change fairly quick.

Although the forum is by and large self policing, a little ACTIVE moderation at times is necessary, but only the wisdom and experience of age can bring that.

Regards,
Syd.

Don't bother replying, just u2u me if you have something civil and sensible to say.

[Edited on 8/12/05 by Syd Bridge]

Jumpy Guy

posted on 8/12/05 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Syd,
This is a forum about wasting your time in a semi constructive way.

We are not solving the world, developing cures for cancer, or much of any worth, to be honest.

We are a bunch of interested fiddlers, whose wife/husband lets us spend some cash to keep us quiet.

And we get to play with cars, brrm brrooom.

I cant see why Rortys opinions get you so wound up. If you dont like what he says, then dont read them. Simple really.

If we want to read his opinion, then we'll read them. likwise your opinion, which i for one have certaily benefitted from.

I dont need you trying to thrust your opinion on who i should be lsitening to, or not.
Some opinions on here I dont like. I dont like hardliners spouting about capital punishment, gays, racism. However, I just ignore the posts. Simple really.

And I'm quite happy to look at myself in the mirror, thanks. ( tall, slightly receding, but still devilish in his own way )

[Edited on 8/12/05 by Jumpy Guy]

andkilde

posted on 8/12/05 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, this has turned into a real bitchfest...

IMO Rorty has behaved entirely honourably in all dealings with all people at all times on the board.

Syd has attacked his engineering skills, his integrity and now his person on numerous occasions.

I implore you all to do a quick username search on both Syd and Rorty and read the posts for yourself.

This entire episode is disgusting Syd -- you should be ashamed of yourself.

Ted

JoelP

posted on 8/12/05 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andkilde
I implore you all to do a quick username search on both Syd and Rorty and read the posts for yourself.

you cant. syd deleted all his posts before a certain time.

I havent read any threads in the last week due to connection problems, but ive read 99% of all threads for the last few years, including deleted ones. Examples of either of you being rude to the other are useless, because the cause of the dislike has been lost. You blatently dont like each other, so its no suprise you arent going to be kissing each others arses.

And as ive never met either of you, i will conclude that one of you is a total liar.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.