Hello All.

Here is a little teaser:
http://www.lusomotors.com/lmgt.html

And here another model:
http://www.lusomotors.com/lm23.html

Hope you like them.

Regards from Portugal,
Ernesto Freitas

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 19/6/08 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
First car reminded me of a certain car that was being developed on this site a little while ago

I'd also recommend you show a bit more detail and get feed back on the design from your 'potential' customers, so long as your designer can handle the comments sensibly. Many companies, including big ones only show their final product to the public once the car is finished, only to discover the public hate it, a very expensive mistake.

though I'll keep my opinions on the orange car to myself

Put bigger pictures on the site too as I need a magnifying glass to see them.

[Edited on 19/6/08 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ernesto Freitas

posted on 19/6/08 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, I agree.

You are right, though several other things have to taken into account to not show some parts before the right time comes.

I will have a couple renders to show to you guys at this forum in a few days before a formal presentation.

Regards from Portugal,
Ernesto Freitas
www.lusomotors.com

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
First car reminded me of a certain car that was being developed on this site a little while ago

I'd also recommend you show a bit more detail and get feed back on the design from your 'positional' customers, so long as your designer can handle the comments sensibly. Many companies, including big ones only show their final product to the public once the car is finished, only to discover the public hate it, a very expensive mistake.

[Edited on 19/6/08 by Mr Whippy]

james h

posted on 19/6/08 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
I like what I see, but yes, the design seems reminiscent of the one Mr. Whippy refers to.

The panel gaps suggest there will be doors in the LM GT design, and you also say that there will be some scope for retrofitting to current seven type locosts. I suppose that you must have come up with a suitable solution to do this?

I think that if a simple retrofit kit was available, I for one would be interested, but will reserve my judgement until a clearer picture than this is available:

Ivan

posted on 19/6/08 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Love the LM 23 - except for the rear wheel arch that is.

Also a pity about the price or I might have been very tempted, but at the value of our Rand against the Euro it's just not on.

Look forward to seeing the other design in more detail.

Ernesto Freitas

posted on 26/6/08 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
LM-GT versions

Hello.

I've just got the final renders of the LM-GT model in both versions... I was also playing with photoshop making the third version (the spyder) while the 3D model isn't ready.

The goal for this model is to make it compatible with some sevenesque chassis available...

Hope you like them.

Regards,
Ernesto Freitas
www.lusomotors.com

[Edited on 26/6/08 by Ernesto Freitas]

Ivan

posted on 27/6/08 at 06:59 AM Reply With Quote
I want one So hurry up.

[Edited on 27/6/08 by Ivan]

Juicie

posted on 27/6/08 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Really nice I love the topless version! When are they available? And pricing?
Marcus

posted on 27/6/08 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Now those are gorgeous!! Love the design, everything i would want from a full body. I hope the final production models look similar. I would buy one tomorrow if child hadn't come along

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

JoaoCaldeira

posted on 27/6/08 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
Brilliant!!!

You'd have to think about all the chassis versions that exists... book, McSorley, +4, ...

The best of luck for your project!

Ernesto Freitas

posted on 27/6/08 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
I'm glad you like them. Thanks.

Personally, I think all versions have the same “character” regarding their strong look and presence.

About the idea to use this bodywork in all of the existing “Sevenesque” chassis, it’s an impossible mission, of course.
The idea is to choose a few and developing it for those chassis… I would imagine the Chris Gibbs book version, the Mk chassis, the MNR, or even the Mac#1 version… All of them are good possibilities, but it’s only what they are for the moment: Possibilities.

In fact, the idea about this design was to produce a kit that could be used both in new kits or already built and used cars.
Imagine that you have a “Seven” kit in your hands for a few years now… You like it; you like the way the car runs, but you want something different! You want a kit car that looks more to a car! And there are thousands of “sevens” these days… You will stand out from the crowd…
So, with a body kit that you can actually fit over your actual chassis, or over a new one, of course, you can have a new car with all the parts you already have spent your money on, developing and upgrading…

Of course that this principle can be applied to any “seven” kit from a single company…
If someone is interested…

Regards,
Ernesto Freitas
www.lusomotors.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.