Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F1 ?
Jon Ison

posted on 20/7/08 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
F1 ?

Not seen any mention of the German round ?

Well I got slated a bit for saying Lewis had a easy win last time out as others never really pushed him well I think this time out he was pushed and more than rose to the challenge, particulary after his last pit stop.

omega0684

posted on 20/7/08 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
twybrow

posted on 20/7/08 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Just watched the highlights. A great final push for the win!

LBMEFM

posted on 21/7/08 at 06:08 AM Reply With Quote
Do people still watch F1?, bring on the bikes.
speedyxjs

posted on 21/7/08 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
I can never get into bike racing

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

coozer

posted on 21/7/08 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs

Hmm, anyone who watched last nights MotoGP and didn't find it exciting must be dead... just like wor lass in fact

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

fesycresy

posted on 21/7/08 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
Casey's missus looked alright

Pity Pedrosa wasn't racing, but I'd like to see Ben Spies on Malandri's bike next year, about time he got his P45.

Father-in-law switched over to the golf from the F1, normally it'd kick off, but I kept quiet and eat my grub.

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs

Hmm, anyone who watched last nights MotoGP and didn't find it exciting must be dead... just like wor lass in fact

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

David Jenkins

posted on 21/7/08 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
I watched bits of the F1 race, towards the end, where Hamilton was overtaking people...

... he REALLY reminds me of Schumaker - he was fairly brutal after completing each overtake, forcing his opponent almost off the track. He may be a gentleman off track, but he certainly isn't when on it!

gingerprince

posted on 21/7/08 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
... he REALLY reminds me of Schumaker - he was fairly brutal after completing each overtake, forcing his opponent almost off the track. He may be a gentleman off track, but he certainly isn't when on it!

You don't get past by pu55yfooting around! And to be fair, although it looked aggressive, that's a corner where the cars routinely use the run-off as extra track. Not like they were forced into gravel or anything.

ned

posted on 21/7/08 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
I thought Vettel pushing Alonso out of hte pitlane was great, Alonso then got really stressed, overdrove and ended up several places further back and then got shown up by his rookie team mate - where've we seen that before

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 21/7/08 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Good race. Boy done good (just watched the race on video from last night's highlights).....

Strange decision by McLaren. I expect they were forced into making him stay out by running the softs last IE if they'd pitted in the safety car zone they would have had to do 28 laps on soft tyres

speedyxjs

posted on 21/7/08 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ned
I thought Vettel pushing Alonso out of hte pitlane was great, Alonso then got really stressed, overdrove and ended up several places further back and then got shown up by his rookie team mate - where've we seen that before

kendo

posted on 21/7/08 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
Mansellesque?

I thought it was a little like one of the classic Mansell surges. As far as him not being a gentleman on track.... well that's not going to cut it. Is it? No really, do go ahead old chap please take my place....

He does seem to have a good racing killer instinct if such a thing exists. But he's not like schumacher, in that he hasn't got the "if I can't win your certainly not going to" approach. So maybe that makes him gentlemanly?

[Edited on 21/7/08 by kendo]

David Jenkins

posted on 21/7/08 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
I should stress that I wasn't criticising him - just pointing out that he's a lot tougher than he may appear when you see him interviewed.

He certainly has the breathtaking bravery shown by Schuey...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.