Board logo

Brake Pipe 2 to 1
Scuzzle - 20/3/15 at 06:17 PM

I need to fit an adjustable bias valve into my car to tone down my rear discs so was thinking the best way was to take the 2 pipes going to the rear and put them both into a single pipe with the adjustable bias valve fitted and then split them back into 2 again and off to each rear caliper.

My questions are

Is this the best way to go? and if so How do I go about it, is it just a case of buying 2x t-pieces and some brake ends, a couple of feet of brake pipe and the adjustable bias valve, I was thinking of putting the 2 into 1 immediately after they come out of the master cylinder and having the bias valve under the bonnet beside the master cylinder rather than inside the cabin.

will121 - 20/3/15 at 06:55 PM

are you still running an original type split circuits brake pipe arrangement? if so dont know how successful it would be and a problem may result in total brake failure, i reconfigured mine to separate front and rear circuits rather than diagonal and installed a bias valve

[Edited on 20/3/15 by will121]

Scuzzle - 20/3/15 at 07:45 PM

Right enough I suppose if the master cylinder failed you could end up braking with just one front wheel. I am using the standard front and rear split at the moment, it's a Mondeo master cylinder with the screw in limiters for the rear brakes which was working great until I fitted 4 pot calipers but now it looks like I need extra biasing adjustment.