Board logo

Well, how was it?
bi22le - 6/5/12 at 11:54 AM

I could make a list of excuses to why I did not go stoneleigh including being hung over, and not wanting to drive 5 hours round trip.

So make me jealous. Put some pics up of the cars you liked and give your review of the show.

Biz

snapper - 6/5/12 at 12:02 PM

It's on tomorrow, isn't it?

MakeEverything - 6/5/12 at 12:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snapper
It's on tomorrow, isn't it?

Its on today and tomorrow.

http://www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk/

Proby - 6/5/12 at 12:59 PM

I'll post some up later when I'm back! Glourious sunshine here!!

chris_harris_ - 6/5/12 at 06:29 PM

Well we had a really good day mate but not got many pics and the exhibitors were a bit on the light side but the clubs and private cars soon made up or it.
I counted over 200 westflelds and over 100 cobra replicas.
Lots of mk's and locosts around too.
Was a good day and I certainly enjoyed the spirited drive home!!

T66 - 6/5/12 at 07:10 PM

Weather was kind today, heres a few of my favourites..

scootz - 6/5/12 at 07:23 PM

Steve Hignett spilled my pint!

T66 - 6/5/12 at 07:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Steve Hignett spilled my pint!

And I thought your arms had shortened...

scootz - 6/5/12 at 07:37 PM

I still reckon that someone moved the table Ivan!

parkiboy - 6/5/12 at 07:52 PM

This was my first kit car show and i loved it, it has giving me real itchy feet to get one! Especially after having my first experience in a locost 7 and what an experience it was!

Mark (dont know if hes a member or not) too me out in his 220bhp C20XE MK Locost and well i have whiplash lol! I have been in touch with him this last week about buying it and i must say i am tempted it is quite a machine!

Steve Hignett - 6/5/12 at 08:14 PM

Ahem...

I believe the pint spillage was 100% witnessed to be your fault Scootz-y my boy!!!

I'm just happy I was chatted up by the bar maid (at yet another KC show)

Mmmm vodka ;-) :-D ;-)

Steve Hignett - 6/5/12 at 08:14 PM

ps. good to meet you Ivan :-D

theduck - 6/5/12 at 08:21 PM

Was my first show and really enjoyed it. Picked up a few useful bits for not very much and some other bits I had ordered. Spent a long time chatting to couple guys on the rhocar stand. Was there a locostbuilders stand? If so i missed it

ditchlewis - 6/5/12 at 08:44 PM

i managed the 300 mile round trip from rainy suffolk to the sunny midlands and here is what took my fancy.

Ditch

T66 - 6/5/12 at 08:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett
ps. good to meet you Ivan :-D

Likewise Sir, Good crack

Feeling shabby right now, must of been the crisps..or the bottle of Magners I drank before breakfast, rather than carry it all day.

[Edited on 6/5/12 by T66]

NigeEss - 6/5/12 at 11:54 PM

Disapointing

Wore my Locostbuilders T shirt but never saw another member, and where were all the autojumbles ?

Far too many tool stalls and £1.80 for a brew was extracting the urine

Steve Hignett - 6/5/12 at 11:57 PM

I saw two LCB t-shirts but just didn't have the time to stop and say hello...

Sorry about that.

Missed TimC too...

ChrisW - 7/5/12 at 10:33 AM

Are you sure those pictures weren't from last year? Or the year before? It's difficult to tell....

Chris

theduck - 7/5/12 at 04:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NigeEss
Disapointing

Wore my Locostbuilders T shirt but never saw another member, and where were all the autojumbles ?

Far too many tool stalls and £1.80 for a brew was extracting the urine

Agree on the tea price, but that's standard at these type of event in my experience.

I thought the stalls were generally good, though the massive tool stand taking over the entire centre area was excessive. Did me well though providing me with the exact size exhaust mountbi needed and had been unable to find for just £2.00 and an online fuel filter for a £1.00!

scootz - 7/5/12 at 04:43 PM

Cup of tea and a slice of cake... £4.20. Expected!

Cake actually moist and tasty. Completely UNEXPECTED!

coozer - 7/5/12 at 05:48 PM

No bar in the hall last night, £2.50 for a can of Carling

Still ended up roll over drunk

428 mile return trip for me, 72L petrol.... = 26.75mpg....

Real washout today compared to yesterday where there was about 200 westies, 300,000 Robin Hoods and even a god 80 odd Cateringvans. Loads of Cobras and various makes in good attendance, no doubt the sun helped.

Heres some pics I took during the weekend....

Regular attender..

Yum yum...

North East crew in self preservation (dry) mode...

And, just how mad to have to be???

Hmmm...

You view the whole lot here: http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn126/ridler123/General/Stoneleigh%202012/?start=all

Newark next

steve m - 7/5/12 at 06:33 PM

"Are you sure those pictures weren't from last year? Or the year before? It's difficult to tell.... Chris "

I saw more interesting stuff 10 years ago than some of this twaddle!

But i did meet up with my old m8 Hicost, and also met Russ with the Formula 1 look alike

i was there by 0930 straight off a nightshift, and home by 1615. and its a 2.5 hour drive each way

twas a poor show, but in defence of the organisers, the weather was shite, and that must put off 90% of possibly entrants

Pete - Kit Car Zone - 7/5/12 at 07:32 PM

I thought MEV's challenge to build an Exocet in under 4 minutes was pretty funny. Totally pointless as the MX5 had been prepared for the body to be lifted off before hand, but entertaining all the same.

Don't think we can put videos up on the forum but anyway, a link to it's here: http://kitcarzone.co.uk/kit-car-news/mev-build-exocet-under-4-minutes

Enjoy

INDY BIRD - 7/5/12 at 08:03 PM

I'd have kept the mx5 that's pig ugly to me,

Still a reasonable show didn't get all the bits I wanted but hey, loved my friend garys dad cobra chassis 600 bhp supercharged ls engine can't wait for a run out in that,

Sean

scootz - 7/5/12 at 08:11 PM

That orange and black R1OT in Coozers pics is a belter. Ivan (T66) and I drooled over it a few times!

Dingz - 7/5/12 at 08:38 PM

This was my favorite. I thought it was a pretty good show, on sunday anyway.

Stott - 7/5/12 at 09:43 PM

I thought it was pretty good, I noticed Re-Mans car and also the track taxi - minus the stickers and probably a bunch of others on here whos cars I didn't recognise.

I came home with a bunch of hozelock connectors, a piece of ally billet, an adrian flux pen and some back issues of CKC, oh and tired legs

yellowcab - 7/5/12 at 11:45 PM

Stott - should have come over and said hi

coozer - 8/5/12 at 09:25 AM

quote:
That orange and black R1OT in Coozers pics is a belter. Ivan (T66) and I drooled over it a few times!

Yes it was indeed, we argued over whether it looked better than the Mev rocket, which I think it did!

Heres another angle...

Slimy38 - 8/5/12 at 10:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m
"Are you sure those pictures weren't from last year? Or the year before? It's difficult to tell.... Chris "

I saw more interesting stuff 10 years ago than some of this twaddle!

But i did meet up with my old m8 Hicost, and also met Russ with the Formula 1 look alike

i was there by 0930 straight off a nightshift, and home by 1615. and its a 2.5 hour drive each way

twas a poor show, but in defence of the organisers, the weather was shite, and that must put off 90% of possibly entrants

I have to admit it was a lot weaker than I had expected, (I got there at 10 and was walking out by 1:30) but there were still a handful of inspiring kits. I think the only thing I wanted to see that didn't turn up was the Murcielago MR2 bodykit.

Had I been building a kit the main hall would have held my attention a bit more though.

bi22le - 8/5/12 at 10:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:

Yes it was indeed, we argued over whether it looked better than the Mev rocket, which I think it did!

Heres another angle...

That riot does look very nice. I love the exhaust and spoiler. As i understand it they are quite light and well set up cars aswell. I wonder how good weight distribution is with engine and driver so far back. Se7ens can achieve 50-50.

coozer - 8/5/12 at 11:28 AM

I am mighty impressed by the Roadrunner SRV8.... I want one

adithorp - 8/5/12 at 11:38 AM

A mates Riot is 49-51% front/rear distribution.

I had a good weelend.
Sat... Nice drive down avoiding the main roads. Good company for drinks Sat evening (Scott/Ivan Who do I owe for the pizzas?) but then got the ugly date for the drive-in movie
Sun... Decent weather. Met too many people I knew to have a proper look around and spent most of the day chatting. Got some new break padsand a few odds and sods. BBQ and booze on the JPSC in the evening.
Mon... Up early and pack n the dry. Proper look around the halls as it was quieter. Heard the rain on the roof Got backto puddles on the tonneu. Managed to tip them in the car! Put the hood up and water proofs on and headed home. Weather improved once north of Brum'.

Bad... MEV stand looked a bit cramed in. Some empty spaces in the halls. Too many people to talk to.
Good... SR2 with the v8 LS1! Thats going to be a handfull and it's a nice chassis even if you gowith the standard MX5. GD's new T70moda with the modular roof Stunning!

scootz - 8/5/12 at 11:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:

Yes it was indeed, we argued over whether it looked better than the Mev rocket...

I think it's miles better looking than the Rocket... anyone driven both!?

scootz - 8/5/12 at 11:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
I had a good weelend.
Sat... Nice drive down avoiding the main roads. Good company for drinks Sat evening (Scott/Ivan Who do I owe for the pizzas?) but then got the ugly date for the drive-in movie

Good to meet you Adi!

Plugged in the iPhone to the computer when I got home and I appear to have taken a few blurred pictures of you driving your Fury upside-down! How did you manage that!?

adithorp - 8/5/12 at 12:40 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
I had a good weelend.

Good to meet you Adi!

Plugged in the iPhone to the computer when I got home and I appear to have taken a few blurred pictures of you driving your Fury upside-down! How did you manage that!?

Oh, I'd forgotten about that. Did they never explain that you should keep the camera steady. Or did you just misunderstand and thought they said, "Be the third passenger in a 2 seater car and hang upside down, off the back while it's doing doughnuts."

Stott - 8/5/12 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yellowcab
Stott - should have come over and said hi

I hung about for a bit, you were being lectured about your inlet trumpets being cut at the time so I thought I'd come back but never got around to it

ReMan - 10/5/12 at 10:48 PM

MKSTND
MKSTND

CLARE
CLARE

NCGRN
NCGRN

[Edited on 12/5/12 by ReMan]