Board logo

Anyone in Cornwall?
Stuart Walker - 9/6/20 at 01:15 PM

Hi all,

20 years after starting and just when I was starting to make some progress on the build, I've decided it would be fun to load it all onto a trailer and move it hundreds of miles again

So I'm wondering, is anyone in Cornwall building or driving something 7ish? Mine is an original book Locost, bought as a race project from Surrey, dismantled and restarted as a road car in North Yorkshire, then containered, finally moved to South Yorkshire, partially dismantled and restarted again, and finally to be moved to Cornwall (Gweek) in a couple of weeks time!

I just wondered if anyone down there has anything similar on the go?

Cheers,
Stu

[img]IM AG0265_BURST002 by Stuart Walker, on Flickr[/img]

Mash - 9/6/20 at 02:34 PM

No, unfortunately, lovely part of the world. I always wanted to move there, managed to get as far as Dorset, but it looks like I won't make it the rest of the way

I have a similar story with my Indy, bought it about 4 years ago, drove it once, took it apart to rebuild, and am only just getting it near built now

rusty nuts - 9/6/20 at 05:04 PM

There was at least one other builder in Cornwall , he was a manager of a body shop but his name escapes me . There is or was a map of locosters somewhere on the forum

starterman - 9/6/20 at 05:55 PM

Cornish and proud! I live in Pensilva and my business (Albaston Starters & Alternators) is in Callington. When possible you're more than welcome to pop round for a chat and a cuppa etc.

Nearly finished a Tiger Avon.

Cheers
Mike

spiderman - 9/6/20 at 07:11 PM

try this.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ie=UTF&msa=0&mid=1Z_6eGuPb2sWxHR_3IWHbb1jb0T8&ll=-3.81666561775622e-14%2C27.736358500000016&z=1

Stuart Walker - 9/6/20 at 07:45 PM

Ah excellent, cheers for the map link! Scotty and Boggle, you're going to be my new friends

Thanks Mike, that would be great. Always loved Tigers, the first time I realised there were other Sevens than Caterhams was when they did that two engine thing! Would be great to come and have a look when situation allows, and you're obviously very welcome in Gweek. I might well need your professional services too!

Cheers Mash, Dorset is lovely too! Brother in law lived in Weymouth (Osmington) for a bit and always lived visiting. How far off is the Indy? IVA this year?