Board logo

pics
kipper - 21/3/10 at 05:06 PM

try again no computer say too big
I have put pics in my archive as the computer is being sick on the size of them.
Maybe some clever wizard will resize them for me

[Edited on 21/3/10 by kipper]

[Edited on 21/3/10 by kipper]

Paul TigerB6 - 21/3/10 at 05:34 PM

Just download Pixresizer (free) and do them yourself before popping them in your archive and uploading them

welderman - 21/3/10 at 05:36 PM

[img][/img]

welderman - 21/3/10 at 05:37 PM

[img][/img]

welderman - 21/3/10 at 05:38 PM

[img][/img]

welderman - 21/3/10 at 05:39 PM

[img][/img]

omega0684 - 21/3/10 at 05:47 PM

how big is your workshop!

kipper - 21/3/10 at 05:50 PM

workshop is 6 metres x 16mtrs with a sleep pod ,shower and toilet incase it gets too late to go home
Denis.

smart51 - 21/3/10 at 05:55 PM

That's coming on nicely. What are you doing for bodywork? I'm sure I've asked this before.

iscmatt - 21/3/10 at 06:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by smart51
That's coming on nicely. What are you doing for bodywork? I'm sure I've asked this before.

looks like ally panelling.

Looks smart!

Humbug - 21/3/10 at 06:39 PM

Looking interesting! Just one question - what are you going to do for covering over the rear frame? Looks like you could have juts had a roll hoop behind the seat and then lower rear bodywork.

Another question - more general as I am not sure it would apply in your case: if you take the whole main frame of a bike including engine and then add extra framework/body forward of this to make a trike without changing the original frame, does this mean it is technically an "unaltered chassis" and therefore MSVA exempt? Or does the fact that you are changing from 2 to 3 wheels make it MSVA-able?

ETA: just looked at the VOSA website and it says

"...In order to retain the original registration mark:

* motorcycles must use:

Unmodified frame (original or new) and two other major components from the original vehicle; forks, wheels and engine or gear box.

If a second-hand frame is used the vehicle must pass a motorcycle single vehicle approval (MSVA) test after which a 'Q' prefix registration number will be allocated."

So, in the case I described, would a trike count as a "motorcycle" using its original frame and the engine?

Edited again: another section of VOSA refers to "MSVA does apply to "vehicles converted to a different wheelplan"

[Edited on 21.03.2010 by Humbug]

omega0684 - 21/3/10 at 07:41 PM

Seal

thunderace - 21/3/10 at 08:24 PM

dont know what it is but i wont one