Board logo

Is there really nowhere in the midlands that does MSVA for 3 wheelers?
smart51 - 9/10/12 at 10:45 AM

I've just started filling in my MSVA forms and when I come to choose my test stations, I find that Birmingham doesn't test trikes, Kidderminster and Shrewsbury aren't even listed and that Derby, over 50 miles away, is the nearest one. Is that right?

More odd, why can Birmingham test 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers but not 3?

Dick Axtell - 9/10/12 at 12:11 PM

Hiya. Had my Locost tested at Kidder. Speaking to the tester, he mentioned working on 3-wheelers, I recommend you call him direct. Check out http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/DG_10011289; alternatively, see U2U inbox for his contact number.

Was told that Birmingham was closed, for 4-wheelers at least.

[Edited on 9/10/12 by Dick Axtell]

Slimy38 - 9/10/12 at 02:22 PM

Holy carp, where did all the VOSA test stations go? I'm sure I had one just down the road from me, but it's not listed any more.

johnemms - 9/10/12 at 03:00 PM

The tester Roy said they do 'everything' at Derby (MSVA)

Nice 80 mile round trip in the rain for IVA - sound bloke !

smart51 - 9/10/12 at 03:05 PM

Yep, the man on the phone confirmed it. Birmingham, Kidderminster and Shrewsbury don't do 3 wheelers. Derby or Bristol are the two nearest. I still don't get why if you can test 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers, why can't you do 3?

johnemms - 9/10/12 at 04:24 PM

Getting number plates next week but got to have an 'inspection'
Chatting at Birmingham DVLA - girl said they are closing soon..
All going 'online' me thinks?

Wonder where I would have to go for a DVLA inspection?
'Swansea DVLA' lol .... ahh well ... progress.. is it cuts or efficency??

Slimy38 - 9/10/12 at 04:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by smart51
Yep, the man on the phone confirmed it. Birmingham, Kidderminster and Shrewsbury don't do 3 wheelers. Derby or Bristol are the two nearest. I still don't get why if you can test 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers, why can't you do 3?

I can only guess that if you have 4 wheels, you use two rollers, 2 wheels just use one roller, but with a wheel in the middle you also need a roller in the middle?