Board logo

Trike front wheel options
speedyxjs - 24/12/13 at 08:19 AM

Im trying to decide what front end setup to use on the trike.

So far the options i have found are conventional bike, presumably with uprated shock absorbers but unsure if the bars are designed to carry the sort of weight of a V6 or V8

The only other option i have found is to use a car hub mounted at the side like used for the peterbuilt trike on monster garage and this one.

I would prefer to use option 1 for the looks but not sure where to get the parts from but don't have a clue what bike to scavenge bits off.

Dingz - 24/12/13 at 11:18 AM

The Mitchigan Madman (E J Potter) used I think, Royal Enfield Constellation front forks on his bike in the 60s, I know it wasn't a trike but it did have a Chevvy V8 in it! Google him for pictures, certainly lived up to his name, saw him once at Santa Pod.
For option 2 how about a 2CV front corner?

[Edited on 24/12/13 by Dingz]

clairetoo - 24/12/13 at 11:41 AM

I realy like the look of that supercharged V8 one - a bit of googleing found this one in NZ - http://www.normanbycustomfabrications.co.nz/v8-trike-supercharged/

ReMan - 24/12/13 at 11:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
I realy like the look of that supercharged V8 one - a bit of googleing found this one in NZ - http://www.normanbycustomfabrications.co.nz/v8-trike-supercharged/

The original one is Frogman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeNLMN_RqSI
I love it

mark chandler - 24/12/13 at 12:44 PM

Buy this little beauty and re-body, a trike in a trice

My eyes link

I love the note at the bottom

If u are seriously interested in this car, I recommend u to view it before buying because of its uniqness and all the bits in it.

[Edited on 24/12/13 by mark chandler]

ReMan - 24/12/13 at 12:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler

My eyes link

If u are seriously interested in this car, I recommend u to view it before buying because of its uniqness and all the bits in it.

That is superb!

Seriously youve gotta work hard to make a car engined trike not look like a reliant chassis and that is my fear for you speedy

speedyxjs - 24/12/13 at 12:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler

My eyes link

HAHAHAHA, i haven't laughed so hard in a while! I love the 'several inner tubes' to make it float lol

speedyxjs - 24/12/13 at 12:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
Seriously youve gotta work hard to make a car engined trike not look like a reliant chassis and that is my fear for you speedy

I like a challenge

trikerneil - 24/12/13 at 04:05 PM

One of the nicest V8 trikes around.

Twin forklegs per side.

Neil