Board logo

Doran self-build plans
clairetoo - 27/10/08 at 10:45 PM

I finally got my plans from the states for the Doran 3 wheeler - and thanks to the US customs hanging on to them for so long that several sets were sent , I've got a spare set
The drawings leave a lot to be desired , so I've passed a set on to a friend in the design office to re-draw them on CAD , and add all the missing dimension's - there's no way I could build anything from the originals
It's gonna be a challenge - and it will need some mod's to pass SVA/IVA - but I am looking forward to getting started (all I have to do is finish all the other projects )

big_wasa - 27/10/08 at 10:53 PM

Got any pics of what it will look like Claire ?

clairetoo - 27/10/08 at 11:04 PM

This is what it `should` look like - but as the body is foam/fibreglass construction , mine may be a bit different

[img][/img]

smart51 - 28/10/08 at 07:59 AM

I've been told on here that 3 wheelers will still face MSVA, not IVA. Woohoo!

What do you get in your Robert Q Reily plans? A few sketches or the full Ron Champion?

speedyxjs - 28/10/08 at 08:03 AM

Thats certainly different. Am i right in assuming it is FWD?

clairetoo - 28/10/08 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by smart51
I've been told on here that 3 wheelers will still face MSVA, not IVA. Woohoo!

What do you get in your Robert Q Reily plans? A few sketches or the full Ron Champion?

No IVA ?
The plans are somewhere between sketch and `full Ron Champion` - there are drawings for all the major components , but not all the dimensions are there , leaving a lot to work out
It's front wheel drive , using all it's mechanical component's from a Subaru 1800 - I still havn't worked out what model that is `over here` , but I want to use a much smaller engine as it is intended to be a super-cheap to run replacement for my ageing 1.4 corsa .
The plans allso include an electric powered version - 60 mph+ , 60 mile range , and a claimed 0-60 of around 10 second's

Triton - 5/12/08 at 10:28 PM

And msva is cheap so win all round...