Board logo

Baffled Petrol Tank - £10
J90rdn - 22/7/20 at 11:29 PM

For sale - baffled petrol tank. Good condition. Came with my Tiger Avon ex-race car, but never used by me. Looks like it has a sender - no idea if it works, but no reason to suspect it doesn't.

Measurements are in the pics. Only after £10 collected, as seems a shame to cut it up for scrap.

Collection only from LE12 postcode - near Ashby-De-La-Zouch, NorthWest Leicestershire.

jps - 23/7/20 at 10:34 AM

I'm intrigued as to how you get the fuel back out? i've only seen tanks like this with an outlet at the bottom?!

J90rdn - 23/7/20 at 10:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jps
I'm intrigued as to how you get the fuel back out? i've only seen tanks like this with an outlet at the bottom?!

There will be an internet pipe which goes to the bottom of the tank.

nick205 - 23/7/20 at 12:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by J90rdn
quote:
Originally posted by jps

That's the way - my MK supplied fuel tank had a short section of ally pipe coming out of the top of the tank. Inside the tank that pipe ran almost to the base of the tank.

J90rdn - 23/7/20 at 01:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
quote:
Originally posted by J90rdn
quote:
Originally posted by jps

That's the way - my MK supplied fuel tank had a short section of ally pipe coming out of the top of the tank. Inside the tank that pipe ran almost to the base of the tank.

Thanks Nick

MikeR - 26/7/20 at 08:00 AM

Just I'd to check measurements in the garage. Very interested and quite local to you.

J90rdn - 26/7/20 at 10:07 AM

Sorry m8 - didn't think anyone was interested so cut up for recycling :-(

MikeR - 26/7/20 at 10:21 AM

Insert naughty words here

Oh well.

J90rdn - 26/7/20 at 06:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Insert naughty words here

Oh well.

Don't be too disheartened. There was actually some signs of rust on the inside.

MikeR - 26/7/20 at 06:37 PM

I've already got a tank, but it's only 20l and I've put off plumbing it in due to never being 100 % happy. This seemed like a quick, cheap solution that got me what I wanted. Just frustrating I missed out.

I should just bite the bullet and make my own.