Robbers
designer - 27/5/11 at 07:22 PM

Bit steep for a frame with wheels.

BUILD DOLLY KIT CAR Caterham Westfield Tiger Locost etc | eBay UK

macspeedy - 27/5/11 at 07:31 PM

leaves £50 for the rest bargin !!

clairetoo - 27/5/11 at 07:59 PM

quote:

It is advisable to mount a length of 4x2 hardwood at each end at a width suitable to your own car's chassis.

So its not even complete ? ? ?

KitCatE1 - 27/5/11 at 09:11 PM

how the hell do you get your car down when your finished? Or do you just have to leave it up there

chrisxr2 - 27/5/11 at 09:37 PM

Thats a bloody good point

KitCatE1 - 27/5/11 at 09:59 PM

im actually sat here with a pint of cider trying to work out how id get it down lol

skodaman - 27/5/11 at 11:04 PM

I'm actually sat here with a pint of cider trying to work out how id get it down lol
Why would you want to take the car down. You don't mean people actually take their 7s out of the garage and drive them do you?

Sorry I've had a hard day's welding and wife's gone to work so I'm on the pop too.

KitCatE1 - 27/5/11 at 11:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by skodaman
I'm actually sat here with a pint of cider trying to work out how id get it down lol
Why would you want to take the car down. You don't mean people actually take their 7s out of the garage and drive them do you?

Sorry I've had a hard day's welding and wife's gone to work so I'm on the pop too.

I know exactly what you mean mine might as well be on a bloody trolley its been out 4 times this year and done 50 miles lol

blakep82 - 27/5/11 at 11:12 PM

tractor tyres. drive straight off

not sure how its robbery though

KitCatE1 - 27/5/11 at 11:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
tractor tyres. drive straight off

not sure how its robbery though

then how do i get it down off them? Infact where the hell would i get some tractor wheels from?

blakep82 - 27/5/11 at 11:27 PM

you don't! just drive about on them. would be useful if you (like me) accidentally turn into narrow unmade roads up in the hills, with 12" deep holes covering half the road, a 18" drop on one side and a lake on the other

designer - 28/5/11 at 07:17 AM

Why is it robbery?

£199.75!! That's why, and you get to finish it yourself!!

Maybe they made it 75p so people would think it was cheaper!!!!

40inches - 28/5/11 at 09:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by KitCatE1
how the hell do you get your car down when your finished? Or do you just have to leave it up there

I have that problem. Best I can come up with so far is 2 people per wheel and 1 to pull the trolley out. Still thinking
Description
Description

iank - 28/5/11 at 09:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:

I have that problem. Best I can come up with so far is 2 people per wheel and 1 to pull the trolley out. Still thinking
Description
Description

2 tonne engine crane (for lots of safety margin) and 2 people should manage to do the job in 10mins.

40inches - 28/5/11 at 09:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:

Description
Description

2 tonne engine crane (for lots of safety margin) and 2 people should manage to do the job in 10mins.

Mmmm! Havn't got a 2 ton engine crane, wonder if Hire Station rent them out Got a 250kg electric hoist, I didn't fit a boat anchor