Board logo

where to get small v belts for pillar drill
MikeR - 14/7/19 at 08:43 PM

I'm trying to find a source of small v belts for my pillar drill. The belts are non standard - 7mm wide by 5mm deep. Both belts are short, 448 and 462 (approx, can't remember exactly right now)

Where can I buy replacements? Tried googling and can't find anything. Ideally I'd like online as I work silly hours.

r1_pete - 14/7/19 at 09:52 PM

They sound the same as the ones in my Clarke drill, try Machine Mart, I think you can download parts lists.

40inches - 14/7/19 at 10:11 PM

If it's the Clarke type I got a pair a year ago, Simpl y bearings

r1_pete - 14/7/19 at 11:27 PM

Thats good to know Dave, I think mine is getting ready for a set, I’ve used Simply a lot for bearings and bushes, great service....

nick205 - 15/7/19 at 07:55 AM

Do Clarke themselves not sell spares or maybe provide a list of companies that do?

MikeR - 15/7/19 at 08:11 AM

My problem is the sizes are very specific. Being naïve I've been looking for those exact sizes. Simple bearings have standard sizes. I'll give the closest standard sizes a go. Does it matter if the current belt is flat and the new one is ribbed?

nick205 - 15/7/19 at 09:39 AM

Ribbed and flat belts will have a different surface area of contact between the belt and pulley so the ribbed belt could slip on the pulley wheel more easily than a smooth belt.