Board logo

RC bodywork on Haynes chassis?
Nickp - 29/9/11 at 09:48 PM

Hi,

I've got the chance of a set of bodywork (rear panel, scuttle, nose cone etc) from a Ron Champion chassis. Might be a daft question, but can any (or all) of it be made to fit my Haynes Roadster chassis?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

wylliezx9r - 29/9/11 at 10:10 PM

Anything can be made to fit with enough effort. However the Ron champion chassis is narrower than the haynes so most of the panels would have to be cut and shut. Not something i'd fancy taking on

Nickp - 29/9/11 at 10:14 PM

Ta fella, don't think I'll bother then

AndyGT - 29/9/11 at 10:24 PM

Just a thought, but maybe some other folks on here might be interested in this fitting kit. So is it possible to share you sources?

Thanks
Andy

Nickp - 29/9/11 at 10:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AndyGT
Just a thought, but maybe some other folks on here might be interested in this fitting kit. So is it possible to share you sources?

Thanks
Andy

Of course, seemed a bargain and just down t'road from me-

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Triton - 30/9/11 at 10:51 AM

It's a lot of work to make it wider and still look right, you would end up with a better looking car if you bought panels that were designed to fit the Haynes chassis. There are two frims offering panels that fit the Haynes chassis, one is 3 to 4 years old the other is an all new fresh shape but still a seven

Nickp - 30/9/11 at 10:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Triton
There are two frims offering panels that fit the Haynes chassis, one is 3 to 4 years old the other is an all new fresh shape but still a seven

And they are?