Board logo

haynes single seater
aliwizard - 25/2/13 at 06:56 PM

Hi just thought a would pass on a email I received back from Haynes publishing , I emailed them to find out the release date of the Haynes build your own single seater ,this is there reply ,unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances the build your own single seater book is no longer going to be published, so there it is no real shock ,but a shame , time to get your money back from amazon,

MikeR - 25/2/13 at 07:06 PM

wonder who owns the royalties and what was actually produced?

aliwizard - 25/2/13 at 07:21 PM

I am sure amazon has made a few quid out of it

Triton - 1/3/13 at 11:41 PM

I think those videos posted up last year did a fair bit of damage as it clearly showed a resemblance to something found when the tide goes out.

gto1973 - 4/3/13 at 09:52 AM

so we cant get the plans or anything?

i just bought the bec race car book was looking foward to this book!

3GEComponents - 4/3/13 at 12:39 PM

I've got the plans somewhere, but I'm guessing there's some kind of IP/copyright due to Chris's design and Haynes' input. So how it stands now, who knows. I'll give Chris a call and find out.

Not Anumber - 4/3/13 at 02:54 PM

Is Chris back in circulation ? That would be very good news if so.

gto1973 - 6/3/13 at 07:26 AM

oh thatd be awsome to know im keenas on it!

ceebmoj - 12/3/13 at 09:56 PM

shh120m, seemed to have some bits

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=176804

I had hoped that the plans and body work would get out at some point.

gto1973 - 21/3/13 at 06:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 3GEComponents
I've got the plans somewhere, but I'm guessing there's some kind of IP/copyright due to Chris's design and Haynes' input. So how it stands now, who knows. I'll give Chris a call and find out.

i was wondering if anyone had herd anything about this?

mad-butcher - 15/4/13 at 06:36 PM

Got to agree the video did it no favours whatsoever, but the basic concept was sound, wouldn't mind copy of plans if the price was right

ceebmoj - 15/4/13 at 08:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mad-butcher
Got to agree the video did it no favours whatsoever, but the basic concept was sound, wouldn't mind copy of plans if the price was right

me to and if any of the body work is available I would be interested in that as well

gto1973 - 4/5/13 at 04:45 AM

still no word on book, or future for the plans?

Jesse