Board logo

Reverse trike insurers
The Venom Project - 19/2/14 at 10:33 AM

Well I know a lot of you are with 2Gether, but for me, they are a useless company.

Rang them 10 days ago for a quote, the bloke said he would phone me ot email me the quote within an hour. Just rung back to ask when I might expect a quote, they can't quote for my vehicle?

Why not have the decency to let me know........

Terrible!

The Venom Project - 22/2/14 at 10:17 AM

Just on with Adrian Flux now, telling them to cancel the renewal, oh hang on they are trying to get me a better price.... I hate insurance companies, told them that my friend has the same vehicle insured with them, thee only difference is he is 6 years older. I cannot believe at this stage of my life why my age at 42 makes any difference, trike is garaged, I have a clean licence, no crash history, I have 24 years N/C on my main car.

Renewal price sent through is £313 FFS, Are you taking the piss? I paid £295 last year, why has it increased?, the value of my trike hasn't........

Spoke with one of the sharks at Adrian Flux, I tell him just cancel the policy, I can get the same thing somewhere else for £200

He then comes back to me with well after speaking to his manager (I watch TV, I believe nothing anymore about a manager making a decision) That he can now offer the same thing, 3000 miles, £250 excess, Fully Comp for £223, or can knock legal cover off etc and take it down to £195

These prices are more like it, but I really don't know if I want to renew with them anyway, I know every insurance scamming company does this, what a stupid policy, why not offer the very best price from the start? Whoever put that policy in place, needs beating on a daily basis.

So as it stands, I am still leaning towards a Parts Only cover policy with Need 2 Insure, for the same price of £223, It has a 1500 mile limit (Fine for me, I never do anymore than that)

What I liked about Need 2 Insure was he was pretty honest from the outset. This is always a pain in the arse be it Car, Bike or Tr1ke insurance, I think the rules need to change with how they operate, I also feel that the cover at N2I will cover exactly what the vehicle is, I am very wary about what exactly Adrian Flux are covering, and regardless of that bullied cheaper quote, I think I have already made my mind up. I think it is very true, You do get what you pay for. I want to know that my vehicle is covered properly come an event I actually might need to claim, and I also like the extra cover available should I decide to do a Track Day or two.

So as far as TR1KE insurers go, the only ones worthy of my money in 2014 will be Need 2 Insure.......

www.needtoinsure.co.uk/

[Edited on 22/2/14 by The Venom Project]