Board logo

VW Tiguan
austin man - 30/9/14 at 08:32 PM

Looking for a 4x4 and the Tiguan has popped into the equation, any feedback on them as a towing vehicle, (2 berth van , Car trailer) and have space for 2 springers in the boot

doddy - 30/9/14 at 08:43 PM

i have one have not towed with it but i went from a golf to it and found the boot small compared to the golf ive had it two years its been good

[Edited on 30/9/14 by doddy]

nick205 - 30/9/14 at 08:45 PM

No experience of the Tiguan whatsoever, but I'm guessing its the Audi Q3/Skoda Yeti/VW Tiguan are all the same vehicle?

They Yeti's got to be better value and IMHO better looking than the other two.

Alfa145 - 1/10/14 at 11:38 AM

We looked at the Tiguan for towing a caravan. But ended up with an 2011 A4 Quattro with the 3.0 V6 diesel. But they are available with smaller engines. We have one dog and theres plenty of room in the boot, plus were looking for a 2nd dog. So we think there's enough room for 2 springer sized dogs in it.

anthony1 - 1/10/14 at 03:14 PM

Had a 1.4 petrol version for a short while.....towed our Eriba puck with it , obviously the size of the caravan did not pose any problems , I read so many horror stories about the petrol engine/reliability etc. could not live with that so sold it........If I were tempted again I would go for the diesel.