Board logo

NOW!!- F1 drops Turkey,and reinstates Bahrain
Surrey Dave - 29/7/11 at 09:32 PM

What a priceless day for F1, no Istanbul Park , one of the best circuits on the calendar ......................

Bahrain is back all the troubles are smoothed over and the circuit has become exciting NOT!!!!!

Must be about about time for a breakaway series.............................

PSpirine - 29/7/11 at 09:54 PM

NASCAR needs to go international

Stupidest motorsport ever, but incredibly close action and very addictive to watch in real life.

Real shame about Turkey though - fab track. I've actually enjoyed having lots of races on the calendar so am happy that Bahrain is back, but why get rid of Istanbul

Alfa145 - 29/7/11 at 10:10 PM

Whats betting the Bahrain Bore is one of the 10 BBC races?

James - 29/7/11 at 11:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Alfa145
Whats betting the Bahrain Bore is one of the 10 BBC races?

That was my thought too... and they were boasting about having retained Monaco and Silverstone! Monaco being totally predictable and usually ending in the order it started and Silverstone usually being pretty dull.

morcus - 30/7/11 at 06:17 AM

I'm sure they promissed the first and last GP's which would normally be Bahrain.

Monaco is a good race to watch even if no one can pass because someone always crashes.

I'd quite like to see an all street race series.

shindha - 30/7/11 at 08:27 AM

They still haven't approved the Indian circuit yet - just checked on the website. It's all about the commerce than the racing to state the obvious. I would like to go to the Indian grand prix but cannot afford to commit if they decide to change the dates or cancel as was nearly done in favour of Bahrain.

pif - 30/7/11 at 08:56 AM

been out of the uk for a bit and not been uptodate with the news etc but what is this " one of 10 bbc races " thing?

just found it on piston heads, share with BskyB.
Seems shocking, cant imagine how that benefits anyone except bernie...££££££..

beginning of the end..

feel sorry for the BBC team, they do a great job IMHO

Pif

[Edited on 30/7/11 by pif]

Kwik - 30/7/11 at 09:02 AM

final nail in the coffin for F1...

come on FOTA, walk away...

Doctor Derek Doctors - 30/7/11 at 10:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by morcus
I'm sure they promissed the first and last GP's which would normally be Bahrain.

Its Melbourne for 2012.

Personally I never cared for the Turkish GP, the fact that hardly anyone turned up to Istanbul Park just made it embarrassing as well. I'm glad its being replaced with Austin Texass GP...... mainly becasue we are going.

Bahrain is the shittest circuit ever though.