Board logo

He didn't quite make it
hearbear - 20/1/18 at 12:08 AM

My dad had decided he wanted to make it to his next birthday which is ironic as we have only heard since retirement I don't know if I will be around for that died on Tuesday a month short of his 96th birthday.

dan8400 - 20/1/18 at 08:56 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. But 95 is a cracking innings.

Do you have longevity in your family? I remember my great great grandmother who lived until 105 and my great grandmother who live until 94.

I hope you have many happy memories of him

Best wishes
Dan

wylliezx9r - 20/1/18 at 09:20 AM

Sorry for your loss.

scootz - 20/1/18 at 10:59 AM

As Dan said - that is indeed a great innings!

Celebrate his life!

trextr7monkey - 20/1/18 at 11:05 AM

That’s a shame. Wife is a GP and she’s got amazing stories of people loaded with all kinds of health problems who hang on to see family travelling from Australia or a new baby born, family wedding then they just let go. Funny thing this getting old business. Best wishes to you and your family
Mike

redturner - 20/1/18 at 11:32 AM

My cousin is a Doctor and he loves to relate to his patients, who get on about old age that I still race cars and drive all around France aged 80 .....Mind, it is getting harder.....

jacko - 21/1/18 at 09:13 AM

Very sorry to read this we are all getting older
my mum and dad are 89 and 97
jacko

bonzoronnie - 21/1/18 at 09:25 AM

Sad to read of your loss.
sincere condolences to you & your family.

My own father passed away before I started my build.
As a former aircraft engineer & petrol head, I know he would have loved to be involved in the build.

Mr Whippy - 22/1/18 at 12:23 PM

sorry to hear that too, but almost 96 is a really good old age to live anyway especially for men