Author: Subject: Anti roll by springs.
phelpsa

posted on 11/9/11 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sam_68
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa
Here's the setup on the front of a trike:

Interesting; I assume there's a small ARB 'driven' by secondary puchrods off the rockers, hidden in that photo?

Did it work?

And what's the engine... I thought it was a BMW motorcycle engine at first glance, until I counted the cylinders!

quote:
Originally posted by phelpsaHere's another interesting setup, transverse monoshock with a damper anti roll torsion bar.

No immediately obvious and simple way to adjust the roll stiffness on that one, though, except perhaps to vary the distance between the ARB pushrods and the centre of the torsion bush?

Looks rather overcomplicated, too, which defeats one of the main reasons I'd want to use a monoshock (weight).

I have no idea, i actually found that photo on here! Thought it might be of interest.

The second photo i stumbled across and thought it was a clever setup. Its from a FS design so i presume it was dropped due to being overcomplicated.

As for the Allan Staniforth comment, that was just something i thought I recalled, you may well be right. It certainly ended up on a couple of terrapins though (im desperately searching for the photo I had).

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phelpsa

posted on 11/9/11 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
Turns out i'm wrong about that trike! Apparently it works in the opposite manner however I can't work out how :S

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
designer

posted on 11/9/11 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Some good stuff here. Many thanks to all.

Derek

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.