Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Robbers
designer

posted on 27/5/11 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Robbers

Bit steep for a frame with wheels.

BUILD DOLLY KIT CAR Caterham Westfield Tiger Locost etc | eBay UK

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
macspeedy

posted on 27/5/11 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
leaves £50 for the rest bargin !!
clairetoo

posted on 27/5/11 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

It is advisable to mount a length of 4x2 hardwood at each end at a width suitable to your own car's chassis.

So its not even complete ? ? ?

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

KitCatE1

posted on 27/5/11 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
how the hell do you get your car down when your finished? Or do you just have to leave it up there
chrisxr2

posted on 27/5/11 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
good point

Thats a bloody good point

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

KitCatE1

posted on 27/5/11 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
im actually sat here with a pint of cider trying to work out how id get it down lol
skodaman

posted on 27/5/11 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
I'm actually sat here with a pint of cider trying to work out how id get it down lol
Why would you want to take the car down. You don't mean people actually take their 7s out of the garage and drive them do you?

Sorry I've had a hard day's welding and wife's gone to work so I'm on the pop too.

Skodaman

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
KitCatE1

posted on 27/5/11 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skodaman
I'm actually sat here with a pint of cider trying to work out how id get it down lol
Why would you want to take the car down. You don't mean people actually take their 7s out of the garage and drive them do you?

Sorry I've had a hard day's welding and wife's gone to work so I'm on the pop too.

I know exactly what you mean mine might as well be on a bloody trolley its been out 4 times this year and done 50 miles lol

blakep82

posted on 27/5/11 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
tractor tyres. drive straight off

not sure how its robbery though

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

KitCatE1

posted on 27/5/11 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
tractor tyres. drive straight off

not sure how its robbery though

then how do i get it down off them? Infact where the hell would i get some tractor wheels from?

blakep82

posted on 27/5/11 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
you don't! just drive about on them. would be useful if you (like me) accidentally turn into narrow unmade roads up in the hills, with 12" deep holes covering half the road, a 18" drop on one side and a lake on the other

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

designer

posted on 28/5/11 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
Why is it robbery?

£199.75!! That's why, and you get to finish it yourself!!

Maybe they made it 75p so people would think it was cheaper!!!!

40inches

posted on 28/5/11 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KitCatE1
how the hell do you get your car down when your finished? Or do you just have to leave it up there

I have that problem. Best I can come up with so far is 2 people per wheel and 1 to pull the trolley out. Still thinking
Description
Description

iank

posted on 28/5/11 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:

I have that problem. Best I can come up with so far is 2 people per wheel and 1 to pull the trolley out. Still thinking
Description
Description

2 tonne engine crane (for lots of safety margin) and 2 people should manage to do the job in 10mins.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

40inches

posted on 28/5/11 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:

Description
Description

2 tonne engine crane (for lots of safety margin) and 2 people should manage to do the job in 10mins.

Mmmm! Havn't got a 2 ton engine crane, wonder if Hire Station rent them out Got a 250kg electric hoist, I didn't fit a boat anchor

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.