Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pastor Maldonardo
Mark Allanson

posted on 27/8/11 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Pastor Maldonardo

What should his punishment be?

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

lewis

posted on 27/8/11 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
What a complete tool this guy is on the cool down lap! Race ban for sure!!
phoenix70

posted on 27/8/11 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Not a Hamilton fan but I would have to agree, come down on Pastor hard to make a point, race ban!

[Edited on 27/8/11 by phoenix70]

britishtrident

posted on 27/8/11 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah send him home ---- don't even allow him in the pit & paddock area, also refer him to the FIA to let them consider more sever punishment.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

T66

posted on 27/8/11 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
And give me his motorhome when he is binned.....

RK

posted on 27/8/11 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
OK, for those of us in the back, what 'appened?
Mark Allanson

posted on 27/8/11 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
Maldonado deliberately crashed into Lewis Hamilton on an in lap after Hamilton squeezed by him when both were on a hot lap.

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Wheels244

posted on 27/8/11 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
Just because I'm a big Lewis fan - 2 race ban.
jollygreengiant

posted on 27/8/11 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
OK, for those of us in the back, what 'appened?

End of Q2, Maldonardo on the tail end of a line of three cars all trying for a hot lap approaching the last corner. Lewis is coming up very quick behind on a VERY hot lap setting purples everywhere, Maldonardo takes a very wide entry into the last and hamilton slips it up the inside (he was possibly held up by the three infront) and forces Maldonardo wide(r). After the finish line (Q2 ended about 2 seconds before the first of them crossed the line) they go round the first corner and Maldonardo comes charging up behind Lewis (who started to move right but saw Maldonardo and jigged left again) then up beside Lewis, who was still moving slightly left. Then Maldonardo took a hefty move to the left contacting with Lewis, demolishing his front wing, badly damaging his offside side pod and giving considerable sideways loads into the offside front and rear suspension.

[Edited on 27/8/11 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2750
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 27/8/11 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
Give him a medal i say.
Rob3

posted on 27/8/11 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
5 Place grid penalty!

Autosport Link

Seems a little.... light!

david_hornet27

posted on 27/8/11 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
This explanation is a load of bo11ocks to anyone that saw it, how was Lewis at fault?????????

When asked by AUTOSPORT whether the second move had been deliberate retaliation, the Williams driver said: "No. It was a big moment.

"I tried to overtake him because he slowed down quite a lot. It's like a straight, but there's a turn and maybe at that moment he was turning and I was a bit straight. It's difficult to say.

"There was not any reason for both drivers to do anything after the chequered flag. It's clear that there was a mistake on both sides.

Maldonado added that he had not spoken to Hamilton about either incident and that he was comfortable with what had happened initially at the chicane as there was "no contact".

Hamilton was given a reprimand but receives no penalty. The stewards said both drivers were guilty of "causing a collision" and were punished under article 16.1 of the regulations.

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2750
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!

posted on 27/8/11 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
Not seen the incident but there seems to be a fair few comments like this one online

After listening to the BBC I though it was totally­ Maldonado fault and he was being totally­ dangerous......
After watching the event I have a­ totally different perspective.

Hamilton is ahead of­ Maldonado and weaving at him as they exchange words.­ After scaring Maldonado and forcing him to break­ Maldonado does the same to Hamilton but Hamilton­ doesn't break and they collide!
Yes punish­ Maldonado but ... Hamilton too deserves to be punished­ for the incident .

Six of One, Half a Dozen of the­ other!

[Edited on 27/8/11 by CRAIGR]

david_hornet27

posted on 27/8/11 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
That sounds like the first incident rather than the second...

Looked like Hamilton was driving well over to the left of the track and cruising, then was swiped deliberately.

Anyway more importantly Jensen is way down in 13th Hopefully the weather will be changeable tomorrow and we will see a repeat of Canada.

russbost

posted on 27/8/11 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Lewis couldn't have gone any further left to avoid Maldonardo without putting himself on the grass - what utter boll*cks, but absolutely typical of the blinkered & biased stewards!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Wheels244

posted on 27/8/11 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Lewis couldn't have gone any further left to avoid Maldonardo without putting himself on the grass - what utter boll*cks, but absolutely typical of the blinkered & biased stewards!

+1

loggyboy

posted on 27/8/11 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR
Hamilton is ahead of­ Maldonado and weaving at him as they exchange words.­ After scaring Maldonado and forcing him to break­ Maldonado does the same to Hamilton but Hamilton­ doesn't break and they collide!
Yes punish­ Maldonado but ... Hamilton too deserves to be punished­ for the incident .

No idea what session you were watching but must have been different to the one I saw.

Bearing in mind this is after the session has ended so no need for any close racing or braking, PM moves out from behind LH (PM even weaving slightly as it was wet off line, so obviously on a mission) proceeds passed LH then holds a straight line where the track curves forcing LH in to the side of him.

I can understand that PM may have been annoyed at LH for passing him on the last bend, but he was on a crap lap anyway, and LH was about to set pole (that would be come 2nd). EIther way there is no excuse for retaliation on track so 100% PM fault and should not be racing tomorrow IMO.

I can only assume LH reprimand is for the overtake on PM (could be considered aggresive) but as PM said, there was no contact, so must have been a clean move.

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2750
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!

posted on 27/8/11 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR

No idea what session you were watching but must have been different to the one I saw.

Please read top of post which states "Not seen the incident but there seems to be a fair few comments like this one online "

loggyboy

posted on 27/8/11 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
[qoute]Please read top of post which states "Not seen the incident but there seems to be a fair few comments like this one online "

Maybe you read the fact he has edited and added the line: 'After watching the event I have a­ totally different perspective.'

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2750
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!

posted on 27/8/11 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Qoute as read
After listening to the BBC I though it was totally­ Maldonado fault and he was being totally­ dangerous......
After watching the event I have a­ totally different perspective.

Six of One, Half a Dozen of the­ other!

The guys conclusion remains.

Johneturbo

posted on 27/8/11 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure how anyone can comment on something they've not seen!

The main thing is it should be an epic race with the top 3 next to eachother on the grid

Anyone else think DohResta had a bit of a monk on in the post qually interview!

[Edited on 27/8/11 by Johneturbo]

Mark Allanson

posted on 27/8/11 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Disgraceful level of stewarding in F1 as usual

metro6r4

posted on 27/8/11 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Give him a medal i say.

+1

Paul (Notts)

posted on 27/8/11 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfm1M5kcGZ0

mrwibble

posted on 27/8/11 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by metro6r4
Give him a medal i say.

+1

for being totally unaware and dangerous? don't care what your beef with LH is, that was sh*tty driving

[Edited on 27/8/11 by mrwibble]

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.