Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Am I the only one..........
Wheels244

posted on 28/8/11 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Am I the only one..........

That thinks Eddy Jordon is a c**k ????
Kwik

posted on 28/8/11 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
cant stand him, hes very rarely correct and all he goes on about is his 1,2 in spa... i know more about jordan racing than i do any other team...

bu then who would replace him? cant be another ex driver, another ex team boss would be nice...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Johneturbo

posted on 28/8/11 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
He's like a little dog with a bone. i also think he doesn't like Mclaren for whatever reason
Gordy

posted on 28/8/11 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
What about Ron Dennis to go with the ex McLaren driver
mookaloid

posted on 28/8/11 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
you're not the only one

how about Flavio Briatore? now he could be entertaining

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

scootz

posted on 28/8/11 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
Yup... he's an ass! But I guess he kind of balances the show out as the rest are techies and he comes across as a misinformed fan-boy!

On an aside, I was watching an old race with Murray Walker commentating... good grief... he was HORRENDOUS! I'd just forgotten over time how absolutely awful he was! He must have provided misdirection with his commentary over a dozen times in just the one race (and rarely did he correct himself!).

It's Evolution Baby!

RK

posted on 28/8/11 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Well I met Eddie once, and he was very nice. We don't get him over here so no comment on his choice of words.
GeoffT

posted on 28/8/11 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
I may not always agree with his opinions but I'd rather spend an hour having a beer with him than I would his rather smug, pi$$ taking colleague.......
Benzine

posted on 28/8/11 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
i've no idea about what he says but he wears silly glasses and his hair looks like that of a middle aged divorcee called Julie
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zilspeed

posted on 28/8/11 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Eddie is what he is.

Love him or hate him.

Coulthard on the other hand does a very poor job of acting like a grown up and rarely resists the temptation to have a go at EJ.
You almost feel that when he has a pop at Eddie, like all the time, Eddie is thinking "carry on son, you're making yourself look like an arse."

Not saying Coulthard didn't have his successes, of course he did, but he doesn't put himself across well.
Calling Eddie a "Leprechaun" ?
Not cool no matter how it was or wasn't intended.

JacksAvon

posted on 28/8/11 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
All valid comments but.......................

as with all tv, top gear included, all spontinaity is scripted and the roles of the 'on screen talent' are decided way before hand

loggyboy

posted on 28/8/11 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kwik
bu then who would replace him? cant be another ex driver, another ex team boss would be nice...

I dont see why it needs to be ANOTHER industry based pundit at all. Bring Ted Kravitz out of the background, although Jakes a great presenter, but doesnt 'know' the sport inside out like Ted. Jake, Ted and DC would be a good team IMO. Keep EJ for some parts of the program, but not as much they use him for. He isnt even a Marmite person, he's a Hellium guy, a little is quite fun, but too much and you feel dizzy and sick!

[Edited on 28/8/11 by loggyboy]

gallons perminute

posted on 28/8/11 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
First met Eddie 1978 at Knockhill. Not a bad driver but even better with the money. A mate worked for him when he ran Brundle in F3 and many a happy day was spent in his Silverstone workshop. In awe of the man as he put in place the people to get the job done so that his team could win GPs and challenge for the championship. He was a serious risk taker but his flaw was always the banker in him, so when the boat came in via the B&H money he filled his boots rather than make the last step up. All but sure he regrets not taking that final step but when you meet your match (the white shirted dictator) it suited him to stop.

I suggest that the guy is ok despite the wig, his love of money and his penchant for taking the pith. The shirts, baiting of Coulthard and his relation with McLaren show that he knows something about life, the sport and is up there with the best of them. Few in the pitlane have not got a great "Eddie" story. He travels alone, stays in the same places year after year and is the best man in F1 to share the "craic" with.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.