Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: interesting reshells.
Kwik

posted on 7/9/11 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
interesting reshells.

after reading a magazine, i have a few odd ideas... hear me out.

first it started with a magazine feature of a Honda S2000 chassis with a Morris Minor body shell, to make a sort of Morris S2000.

some modification was needed, obviously...

unfortunately i cant find the finished pic , but it does look awesome...

second car i saw was a similar mix, but with the Lotus tuned MGF, and a Citroen Dyane 2CV.

here is a pic of a dyane so you can picture it, just imagine the arches 3 inches wider, and lower with some nice wide wheels.

so my idea, i wanted to do something similar, but use the MX5 backbone chassis and what other car? or maybe something with an MR2? can anyone else think of any combinations?

these will all need IVA, but wont imagine it will be any harder than a seven...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dingz

posted on 7/9/11 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Thats a 2CV not a Dyane, the Dyane was the posher one, I had one, before that I had an Ami!
There is a Ferrari engined 2CV van I think, its on youtube somewhere, quite nippy!

Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

CNHSS1

posted on 7/9/11 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
moggys based on a Nissan 200SX s13 not a Honda S2000 btw

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

owelly

posted on 7/9/11 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
I was thinking of getting a Ferrari and cutting it about to look like a 406 Coupe....
The Dyane with the MGF floorpan is an impressive beast but I'm sure the legalities of it leave a bit to be desired. I'd hate to be stood in the dock explaining what it was...
MX5 with a Relient Kitten/Rebel body on top? That would be interesting!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
spiderman

posted on 7/9/11 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
I am surprised that Owelly did not mention that the Citreon Dyane on an MGF floorpan is featured in this months "Practical Performance Car"

Spider

Rod Ends

posted on 7/9/11 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
Ferrari-powered 2CV van

quote:
They took the chassis and engine of a speedy Ferrari F355 Berlinetta and combined it with the body of a 12bhp Citroen 2CV Fourgonnette bread-van.

Nickp

posted on 8/9/11 at 05:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rod Ends
Ferrari-powered 2CV van

quote:
They took the chassis and engine of a speedy Ferrari F355 Berlinetta and combined it with the body of a 12bhp Citroen 2CV Fourgonnette bread-van.

Sacrebleu!!

That'd get the baguettes to the lazy French tw@ts quicker!!

BTW - Did anyone know the Dyane was a PPC feature car? In case owelly forgets to mention

whitestu

posted on 8/9/11 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Thats a 2CV not a Dyane, the Dyane was the posher one, I had one, before that I had an Ami!

Fantastic! I love Ami's!

Stu

blue2cv

posted on 8/9/11 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
Crikey didnt realise there were so many Citroenists on here, maybe one day i'll get my 'thing' done, ho hum
probablyleon

posted on 8/9/11 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
My first car was a 2cv... A hateful thing! It tried to kill me twice; the first time the bonnet prop dropped out of its catch and arced across the battery and onto the bulkhead, burning a huge hole and catching fire to the cardboard dash. A couple of weeks later a gust of wind flipped the roof into the air and catapulted the heavy front beam, end on, back into the car, missing my head by almost nothing. It was slow, people took the p**s but hey, at least it was really expensive to run. No redeeming features whatsoever. Actually that's not completely true. A mild tap up the backside from a Mercedes totally wrote it off, ridding itself from my life altogether... the only favour it and its crappy build quality ever did me. I'll stop now
whitestu

posted on 8/9/11 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Crikey didnt realise there were so many Citroenists on here, maybe one day i'll get my 'thing' done, ho hum

I've had quite a few GSAs and BXs, and loved them.

The GSAs in particular were so much better than anything else at the time.

Stu

Kwik

posted on 8/9/11 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
yup, the citroen was in PPC, where the idea came from...

in the mag it said s2000 though, maybe there are 2 of them?

i think a morris MR2 would be good, no need to cut up propshaft as its mid engined, lots of upgrades and cheapish (mk2 maybe)

and the morris minor for its classic lines, personally i would like to see the MR2 and a 1950's splitscreen minor... doubt i could do it on the drive though...

MikeRJ

posted on 8/9/11 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
I've seen a Moggy based on an Impreza floorpan and 4x4 running gear as well.

Since the Minor was originally designed to be fitted with a flat 4 engine there is plenty of width in the engine bay.

Kwik

posted on 8/9/11 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
this is interesting...

MR2
Wheelbase 2320mm
Front track 1440mm
Rear track 1440mm

Minor
Wheelbase 2190mm
Overall width 1560mm

so the chassis will only need shortening by 20cm, or you could lengthen the bonnet by 20cm if you can shape the metal... and thats for the mk1 and mk2 MR2 (i thought the mk2 was bigger...) i wonder if i could do this on my drive...

[Edited on 8/9/11 by Kwik]

[Edited on 8/9/11 by Kwik]

Davey D

posted on 8/9/11 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
As stated above - that moggy has an 200sx s13 chassis that was cut and shortened with a moggy shell dropped on top.

If you look on SXOC you should find it on there. It was started some time ago! i think i still had my 200sx back then which i sold in 2007 to fund the build of my VortX

Edit to say: You can see the engine is a Ca18det

[Edited on 8/9/11 by Davey D]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.