Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: my insurance doubled, time for a new car.
Kwik

posted on 24/12/11 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
my insurance doubled, time for a new car.

I, until a few weeks ago drove a classic mini with classic car insurance of £640 a year.

for a 18/19 year old it was a bargain (limited miles though), i got a letter through the post telling me i cant renew with footman james again (no more young drivers policy?) and the best quote i can now find is £1200+.

so why drive a car i only just fit in and doesn't carry any of my mates when i can get a bigger car with the same sort of insurance cost.

so locosters, i want a new car. i was thinking along the lines of a volvo 850, 850R if the insurance companies agree. they are quite cheap at the moment and do 0-60 in around 7 seconds, hold everything i need and i suspect it could be a future classic (the 850 R, and 850 T-5R)

are there any other cars similar you can think of, i quite like the boxy look of them...

im still in shock from finding out my insurance would double on the mini...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MsD

posted on 24/12/11 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
I doubt youll get insured on an R... My dads got one- Ive tried to get insurance every year since I passed my test- Not happening!
I bought a Polo at the start of the year (on my 20th) and it costs me just over £1k to insure for the year- Not that cheap but its a 1.6 and about the most fun I could have due to insurance .
HTH, Mark.

cliftyhanger

posted on 24/12/11 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Have you tried peter james? they are still covering under 21's, and footman james may in a month. Apparently cheap classic insurance has resulted in rather a large number of claims from U21's, many in mini's. So the "yound drivers" quota is full at the moment. In fact peter s atylor (Hove) may be handy, try some other classic insurers.
I suspect anything you aspire to will have a rather hefty insurance cost, the mini is still likely to be the cheapest by quite a margin.

peter bland

posted on 24/12/11 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
my son has a volvo C70 T5 2002 , had it 6 weeks, he is 23 and paid £1,300. Would be very very suprised if you could get insurance for a 850 T5 any cheaper.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.