Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The Spanish GP Thread
phelpsa

posted on 12/5/12 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
The Spanish GP Thread

Come on Pastor!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
craig1410

posted on 12/5/12 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Great job by Pastor for sure but a shame for Senna at the same time.

Great job as always by Alonso and on the clean side of the track should get a good start tomorrow.

Hamilton also did a very fast lap and I take absolutely nothing away from that when I say that him being ordered to stop the car and Martin Whitmarsh's subsequent cagy explanation are very curious indeed. I like MW but he sounded very uncomfortable when asked what the problem with the car was and dare I say it he looked like a man telling less than the truth. Did they under fuel the car on purpose perhaps? or by mistake? or is it a real technical issue?

In terms of under fuelling, I know they must provide a 1 litre fuel sample at the end of each session but wasn't there some talk a couple of years ago about some rule that says you must not under fuel on purpose in order to improve lap time at the expense of not being able to get back to the pits and still provide a fuel sample? At the same time, the margin by which Hamilton got pole position showed that he didn't need to gain the tenth or two that under fuelling might have yielded so why bother?

All very strange, MW's reaction in particular. Also, Hamilton had a team member whisper something to him before the press conference. Maybe circumstantial but odd all the same. And finally, when they told Hamilton to stop, he asked if it was anything serious and they ignored his question and told him what a great job he had done.

Where's Mulder and Scully when you need them???

phelpsa

posted on 12/5/12 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
It is a big shame for Bruno, even more so when Pastor has proven the car, but I'd give him good odds on getting back into the points I eagerly await tomorrows race (and I can't often say that!).

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scudderfish

posted on 12/5/12 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Hamilton has been demoted to last place!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18047760

phelpsa

posted on 12/5/12 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Pole for Williams Not under the best of circumstances but pole is pole!

A tad harsh on Lewis I feel. A 5 place grid penalty and a clear up on the regulations would have been more fitting, but less beneficial for Ferrari.....

scootz

posted on 12/5/12 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scudderfish

Saw it coming a mile off! How the hell did they allow that to happen!?

It's Evolution Baby!

phelpsa

posted on 12/5/12 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
Originally posted by scudderfish

Saw it coming a mile off! How the hell did they allow that to happen!?

... SM?

morcus

posted on 12/5/12 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Am I right in thinking he's done this before?

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

jollygreengiant

posted on 12/5/12 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
Am I right in thinking he's done this before?

READ THE BBC ARTICLE (in the link in the above posts.)

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

morcus

posted on 12/5/12 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Should make for an intresting race. I've got a fiver on Perez making the podium so it's looking good.

daniel mason

posted on 12/5/12 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
mclaren are pissing me off this year. hamiltos already had disasterous pit stops and a 5 place gearbox penalty

morcus

posted on 12/5/12 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Do you think he'll stay with them?

AndyW

posted on 12/5/12 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
this is Mclarens way of getting rid of a driver. As previously said, 5 place grid penalty for gearbox, messed up pit stops and now this. They want him to leave.

All this behind the scenes tactics is beginning to get a bit ott.

Should be a good race tho'

craig1410

posted on 12/5/12 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah I could tell there was something fishy earlier as I said and to be honest I'm glad they are penalising Hamilton, not because I don't like him but just because this has happened too many times in recent times at the end of races and if it starts to happen at the end of qualifying as well then it's getting silly. Maybe it was a refuelling rig problem or a mistake by the team but that shouldn't excuse it in my opinion. To claim Force Majeur is ridiculous IMHO.

The rules were clarified after a race in 2010 where Hamilton did something similar so I don't think he should have been let off with it this time. I think the stewards were very lenient with Hamilton and especially Rosberg last time out so maybe this is karma. Hopefully Rosberg will get a puncture or something to complete the karma.

Anyway, I'm made up for my man Alonso who is now at the front of the leading contenders. Even if Maldonado wins (and I doubt he will) then Alonso should have a good chance to stay competitive in the WDC. Just rewards for a team and driver who never quit and rarely complain - they just work hard and make the best of what they have.

On that subject, I do wish that Jensen would stop complaining about his "terrible understeer" - it just smacks of defeatism and sounds like he's blaming the car or team and I don't think he's doing himself justice. He's one of the key people who needs to figure it out not just pass the buck elsewhere. Maybe it's just his tone of voice or something but it's a poor show and he's better than that I think.

Looking forward to a great race tomorrow!

scootz

posted on 12/5/12 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410
On that subject, I do wish that Jensen would stop complaining about his "terrible understeer" - it just smacks of defeatism and sounds like he's blaming the car or team and I don't think he's doing himself justice. He's one of the key people who needs to figure it out not just pass the buck elsewhere. Maybe it's just his tone of voice or something but it's a poor show and he's better than that I think.

My sentiments exactly. He's central to the 'cure'.

It's Evolution Baby!

sonic

posted on 12/5/12 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Its funny how all the stuff happening to Hamilton doesn't happen to Button.

If I was Hamilton I would be very vocal about his time with them and all this so called bad luck, F1 has the most advanced technology in the world with data from god nows how many previous races and tracks, you cannot tell me they don't now to the nearest teaspoon full how much fuel the car uses per lap etc and they cannot figure out how much will be left at the end.

daniel mason

posted on 12/5/12 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
What about when they forgot to tighten up jb's wheel nut or when his engine let go last race? Its the team in general.
Hamilton is obviously the quickest man on the grid but needs some consistency by the team/strategy as well as from himself by not making errors.jb has never qualified faster than Hamilton since he joined mclaren. Which is amazing really

scootz

posted on 12/5/12 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
No doubting that LH is banzai-lap faster than JB, but Button seems to have much better concentration over a race-distance.

It's Evolution Baby!

skodaman

posted on 12/5/12 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Lewis would manage to a get himself disqualified if he went on Britain's Got Talent.

Skodaman

trikerneil

posted on 12/5/12 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
IMO it's all gone downhill since Uncle Ron's not been in charge.

Neil

ACE Cafe - Just say No.

AllWeatherDan

posted on 12/5/12 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Harsh Guys!

There is no such thing as a stupid question.

Just the ones I ask!

Wheels244

posted on 12/5/12 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Lewis doesn't put the fuel in
He doesn't build the car
He doesn't even decide on the strategy

What he does do is drive the wheels off the car - lets see what he does
from the back of the grid tomorrow - he won't be there long !

AllWeatherDan

posted on 12/5/12 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one Wheels

Great news for Williams though,

(Everyones second favourite team!)

Dan

There is no such thing as a stupid question.

Just the ones I ask!

Alfa145

posted on 12/5/12 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
Could go either way:

Hamilton will drive the wheels off the car, pass everyone with some audatious overtaking and come from the back to a top position, or he'll just drive into everyone and get penalty after penalty.

NigeEss

posted on 12/5/12 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alfa145

Hamilton will drive the wheels off the car, pass everyone with some audatious overtaking and come from the back to a top position, or he'll just drive into everyone and get penalty after penalty.

Deja Vue......Ayrton Senna ?? Widely regarded as the best of all time......................

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.