Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Finally got one :)
parkiboy

posted on 20/5/12 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
Finally got one :)

Been on the market for an MK for a while now and i'm finally getting one on tuesday!

Its an MK Indy R with a hayabusa engine, with the following spec:

hole shot racing baffled race sump
sierra 4x4 limited slip dif with correct gearing (3.14)
GAZ shocks and coil over dampers
Disks all round
Willwood brakes
R888 toyo tyres
MK electric reverse
MK cable gear change system
MK clutch system

It's pretty much a new build, it was built by a syndicate of people planning on using it for track days but it only saw one practice session as 2 of the builders moved away, looks a high quality build and the electrics have been done professionally by an auto electrician, the problem with this is it is not IVA'd yet so thats the first job on my list!

big_l

posted on 20/5/12 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats mate. !!

Just check the diff the rare 3.14 was only fitted to diesels !!

Sierra 4x4 had 3.62 wich will give you a really low top speed

Just worth a look ..

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

parkiboy

posted on 20/5/12 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
is it possible that they changed the gearing? But no problem i will get it checked out thanks for the heads up!
big_l

posted on 20/5/12 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
The 3.14 came in a 7inch diff the LSD 4x4 diffs were 7.5 inch with bolt on driveshafts ..

You got a link to the advert ?

parkiboy

posted on 20/5/12 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
no i havent it was on ebay but we came to a deal off ebay so it has been taken down.
tomgregory2000

posted on 20/5/12 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_l
The 3.14 came in a 7inch diff the LSD 4x4 diffs were 7.5 inch with bolt on driveshafts ..

You got a link to the advert ?

Wrong, LSD 4x4 2l is a 7" unit with bolt on shafts

I believe you can swap the crown wheel and pinion from one diff to another

big_l

posted on 20/5/12 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
Ok cool I'm sure it's fine just bear in mind that the 3.14 diffs are £500 + to find
And 3.62 LSD is about £200 max

Either way I'm sure you will have a blast !!!

parkiboy

posted on 20/5/12 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
apparently because it was built between 4 people they were able to throw alot of cash at it so its probably right then, 2 of the guys never actually got to drive the car lol
fesycresy

posted on 20/5/12 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
3.14 LSD is just a 3.62 LSD with 3.14 CWP.

You 'may' have a Quaife ATB or similar if they threw loads of money at it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

austin man

posted on 20/5/12 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Make sure you get all build photos and receipts otherwise you will have a nightmare getting it through the IVA

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

mad-butcher

posted on 21/5/12 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
I suppose really "correct gearing" is a matter of personal choice, do you want top end or quick get away, I've got a 3.62 in my Blade and more than happy, leaves most things for dead at lights and gives a fair account for itself topend wise, plenty fast enough to get me banned, just my humble opinion.

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Custardpants

posted on 22/5/12 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Your Indy with the buss and 195/50/15s will just nudge 120 before the limiter if it's anything like mine, using the 3.62 diff. Planning on going for 205/60/15 rears for tracks like donington and Bedford, which will give 130mph.
mark chandler

posted on 22/5/12 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
My car has a 3.14 LSD, I made it up from two diffs, shoving the CWP from the diesel diff into a 4x4 LSD unit, easy to do

Even then it tops out on the brands Indy circuit as you reach the pits

[Edited on 22/5/12 by mark chandler]

parkiboy

posted on 12/6/12 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
I've finally got some pictures of the car, since buying it i have redone the interior as it was shameful to be honest, i have also relocated the indicators to the wings, wired a car horn, wired the rear fog light and relocated the reverse switch as it was right next to the gearstick where you rest your arm, stupid place!

I've going to send off all the IVA paperwork in the next couple of days the only thing left to do before then is just a bit of radius i think but if anyone spots anything major please let me know

Pezza

posted on 12/6/12 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Better check the front indicators are within the minimum distance from the outside edge of the vehicle.
We put ours on stalks for the IVA.

Also check your foglight lens is vertical (90 degree to road)

Our tester was very keen on sharp edges, if in doubt trim it.

[Edited on 12-6-12 by Pezza]

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

Macbeast

posted on 12/6/12 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
I should put a bit of rubber edging on your front cycle wings.

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

imp paul

posted on 12/6/12 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
it looks really nice happy days and lots of fun
parkiboy

posted on 12/6/12 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the tips guys, is there any reason why the fog light has to be 90 degree from the road and the others do not? i might have to buy a cheap 90 degree fog just for the IVA.

Can i ask how you did the stalk extensions? can you actually buy these or was they fabricated yourself?

Thanks for all the tips guys any help is greatly appreciated as im picking up the last few bits up at newark on sunday hopefully!

I am also aware that the steering wheel wont pass but MK are letting me use one of there sierra wheels for the test.

thanks

Pezza

posted on 13/6/12 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
Stalk extensions was an ali tube all the way through the nose cone so as to stop droop or bouncing.

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

parkiboy

posted on 17/6/12 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
IVA paperwork all filled in and the last few little bits are ordered - getting excited now
handyandy

posted on 17/6/12 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Nice car

No need to buy a new fog light , if you buy a small length of waste tube from screwfix that matches the diameter of the fog light you already have ( think its 95mm dia ) & make a wedge shape at an angle ( Haynes Roadster is 14 degree,s IIRC) that matches your rear tub to ensure the fog light is at 90 degrees to the road , its easy enough to glue your current light into the waste tube & screw to the rear tub ...hope that makes sense

I have the same lights & here,s a pic showing the fog light ,
hope it helps, & good luck for the test .
cheers
andy

parkiboy

posted on 17/6/12 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
that looks great, does the reverse lamp need to be like that too or have you just done it to match the fog? did you just but the light in the tube or glue the hole light patress/plinth in?
parkiboy

posted on 17/6/12 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
can i ask aswell, i am yet to put a grill in the nosecone, someone at newark today told me the mesh fails IVA and you have to put something over it?

can anyone shed any light on this?

handyandy

posted on 17/6/12 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by parkiboy
that looks great, does the reverse lamp need to be like that too or have you just done it to match the fog? did you just but the light in the tube or glue the hole light patress/plinth in?

Thanks ( I must confess...the idea of the tube was from another forum member)

The waste tube cost me £1.89 from screwfix

The reverse light doesn,t need to be at 90 degrees but I did mine just to keep a "uniform" look,
I glued the original lense mounting plinth inside the waste tube as this then allows you to use the original plinth to use bolts/nuts and mount it to the rear tub ,
I used some small rubber trim where the tube sits against the tub as it creates a snug & tidy fit .

cheers
andy

Custardpants

posted on 18/6/12 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Is it just me or is your coolant plumbing not quite right. Your bottom expansion tank line should be t'ed into your bottom hose to keep your pump primed, not your top one. Also your 8mm line coming from your wateroutlet under your carbs should go to your top
Line too, certainly not your expansion tank? I stand to be corrected though...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.