Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Reverse trike Q's
Rodeo

posted on 20/9/12 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Reverse trike Q's

Hi All
Havent been on for a while(not that you missed me!lol)
Having built and MSVA'd my Reliant powered 'normal' wheel config trike.Heres a partial pic....

Ive now started my 2 seater reverse trike build...........pics when Ive got something substantial done!
Cant find this info in the MSVA manual,so presume it is same as for a 4 wheeler car. Do I have to have a collapsible steering column?
Also because I wont have a 'B' post to connect lap and diagonal belts to,can I swap over the belt sets left to right,and have the lap part coming from the centre instead of the 'B' post? ie drive side..instead of lap coming from right shoulder,have it from the left shoulder.
Ive tried contacting VOSA test centre but no joy yet.
many thanks in advance for your wisdom!
Rod

[Edited on 20/9/12 by Rodeo]

scootz

posted on 20/9/12 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
A trike is a trike irrespective of what end the two parallel wheels are at.

Most likely you'll come under the MSVA heading Tricycle (other than motorcycle).

It's Evolution Baby!

Rodeo

posted on 20/9/12 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
UPDATE!...............Finally got hold of VOSA.Thought I'd share the info........
There isnt a requirement for a collapsible column on trikes...BUT... it it is beneficial to either have a collapsible piece in the col and/or offset uj's.This would then be seen by the examiner as ok under the const. and use regs.(cars)
Also ..it is ok to swap the belts left to right.
When /if the new laws are taken up which are looming with eu,they will almost certainly tighten up on all this.

smart51

posted on 21/9/12 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
There is a downloadable MSVA manual. Do a google search for it. One thing I know is require but is not in the book is for self centring as per the 4 wheeled SVA test. Mine does this now, after a lot of work to make it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.